User Avatar Image

Graphics Settings, 1 to 9, what's the difference?

posted by saulob on - last edited - Viewed by 792 users
So, what's the difference on the quality numbers?

1 to 9. Can we have some more details on each number?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Main difference I see is lighting and how shiny things are
  • For me, it's the grade of how navigationable the title screen is. 1 is totally navigationable, 9 is throw-your-keyboard-out-of-your-window-day.
  • Hmm... it all works really well for me... Im not actually bragging either... because my system is literally held together with some tape, and you have to jam a wire in it to open the DVD drive.
  • im pretty positive i meet all the system requirements but there is definately something wrong with my graphics. for example the voodoo paper thong at the start and the inventory and completely black. any ideas?
  • Any specific details? Like:

1- no shadows
    2- no aa
  • AnnaBlack02;154262 said:
    im pretty positive i meet all the system requirements but there is definately something wrong with my graphics. for example the voodoo paper thong at the start and the inventory and completely black. any ideas?
    Are your video card drives up to date?
    Any specific details? Like:
    Only one I know is that below 7 the F4 function (it shows the clickable parts of the screen while obscuring the rest) ceases to function.
  • well I know at 5, where I set mine at, I lost Depth of field effects, if that helps.
  • With settings bellow 7, at a certain point in the game, you're missing an essential detail of the graphics. I posted this already with a spoiler screenshot in the support forum, but it's obviously enough that you will know when you reached that point.
  • LogicDeLuxe;154933 said:
    With settings bellow 7, at a certain point in the game, you're missing an essential detail of the graphics. I posted this already with a spoiler screenshot in the support forum, but it's obviously enough that you will know when you reached that point.
    Not necessarily. I set graphics to 1 without this special problem.

For me, the main difference was:
    1 - running the game fluently
    5 - having difficulties to solve puzzles where the time is limited
    9 - getting a nervous breakdown while trying to hit anything with the mouse cursor
  • GaryCXJk;154240 said:
    For me, it's the grade of how navigationable the title screen is. 1 is totally navigationable, 9 is throw-your-keyboard-out-of-your-window-day.
    Ditto. I didn't notice any particualr difference in the graphics by turning it down to 5, but it the mouse was so much easier to move around, especially in the title screen.
Add Comment