User Avatar Image

The Pros and Cons of Culture Shock

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users
what did you like,what worked, and what would you like to see?
what didn't you like, what would you like improved?
start listing! :D
74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Lazerus101;13628 said:
    In HtR he was always deadpan, but he had that sarcastic snap that was very funny.
    That's what I'm saying (Though I'd rather have more irony that sarcasm); that it's cool Sam speaks with a deadpan voice, but that his lines would be funnier if there was a little more inflection (basically that deadpan != monotone)
  • Great little game, made me chuckle from beginning to end.
    The graphics and voice acting are fantastic - to be honest I prefer 3D Sam and Max to the 2D ones!
    I thought it was quite silly having the same puzzle used twice though.
    (The Whizzer puzzle, which you basically only have to re-do when Sam is hypnotised?)
  • Thom...thom, thom, thom.

That's why we love you.
  • it would be so nice with the old style mouse cursor. thats changes from use, look and pickup with you click on the right mouse button.

More puzzles and items would also be nice.
  • PROS
    Everything that's been mentioned. In particular I like the visual style, the puzzles seemed fresh enough, the voice acting of both main as supporting cast are good, music is great (has it a very 'McConnell' sound to it, or is that me?)

Also, I like the interface the way it is. I don't mind "one action"; mostly you'll be only able to "examine" anyways. You get enough "That's not gonna work"'s when you try to use items on objects as it is.

CONS
    - The talk animations didn't convince me too much. It's not so much an issue of lipsync to me, more an issue of lack of expression. The characters look like cartoon characters, but are animated (when talking) like 'realistic' 3D characters. Max is fine, but with a big mouth like that it's easy to be expressive. Sam seemed alright too. But Sybil for instance barely moves her mouth. Of course, she doesn't have to move it like crazy if she doesn't want to, but that's when bad lipsync shows. Not saying the lipsync in this game is awful; personally I've never seen good, convincing lipsync anywhere ever. It baffles me people are still even trying.

- It's been mentioned before: Max doesn't do much. It's more "Sam" than "Sam and Max". The game would work perfectly well without him at all.

- Punctuation consistency in the dialogue options seemed a bit off. Not that a lot of people really care about such things, but it should be covered now anyway with Squinky aboard ;)

- One specific glitch: Max would often 'jump' from one place in the room to another; and I mean instantly, between frames. It would mostly occur when he's been kicked up by Sam, and Sam starts talking immediately afterwards. Max would then instantly be positioned right to deliver his lines, in stead of first finishing his animation.

- One other specific glitch: you'd sometimes click on the edge of the screen to make Sam walk, and he'd walk to a completely different spot in the room.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vog
    PROS:
    - Sam and Max(!!!)
    - Graphic
    - Sam and Max (!!!)
    - everything else except my cons :D
    - and: Sam and Max (!!!)

CONS:
    - 1. Far too short even for just one episode. Less than 2 hours :(
    - 2. For me, who played Adventures since DOS exists, it was far to easy...could be the reason for point 1. I just stuck 5 mins to disable the Graffiti guy. It was the same thing with "Geheimakte: Tunguska" (however it's called in english) or other current adventures... just clicking my way until the end of the game without to think about what I could do next because mostly it's obvious what I need to do next.
  • Could someone tell me what happened to the original Desoto? why the convertible? And at Boscos store in Hit the Road, was the kid in his store like a guy working there, cuz he got his lower lip stretched complitly over his head. I might have answered that question myself, being that Bosco is black and thats cool and all. guess things dont really need to run together with hit the Road.

Main thing: What happened to the Desoto.

Telltale u guys need to put Snuckys back in. Unless Bosco's replaces Snuckys.
  • Bosco is black? I thought he was grey
  • J-Blade;14507 said:
    Main thing: What happened to the Desoto.
    In game: Click on the bent parking meter and you'll find out.

In real life: I'm lead to believe that Steve Purcell decided to go with the newer Desoto. And why not? 'tis a fine automobile. Big 'n' beefy enough to run over motorbikes yet also stylin'. Or maybe because sam is a big dog and felt that being able to stick his head out the window wasn't enough. :p
  • Pvt._Public;14511 said:
    In game: Click on the bent parking meter and you'll find out.

In real life: I'm lead to believe that Steve Purcell decided to go with the newer Desoto. And why not? 'tis a fine automobile. Big 'n' beefy enough to run over motorbikes yet also stylin'. Or maybe because sam is a big dog and felt that being able to stick his head out the window wasn't enough. :p
    well its a change ill have to get used to. Just means no more Highway mini games for Max, being that he cant stand on the roof of the desoto.
Add Comment