User Avatar Image

Black Bars

posted by prizna on - last edited - Viewed by 628 users
Hi,

I was just wondering if there is a way to make the game entirley full screen with no black bars. I am playing the game on highest quality with highest resoloution but there are still thin black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • But it's a widescreen game. It's like if you watched a DVD on a 4:3 TV, it's gonna have a letterbox. You can't put a square peg in a round hole, or in this case, a rectangular peg in a square hole.
  • If you play on the highest resoloution do you still have the bars?. The reason i ask is i was messing around with the resoloution to see what they looked like then whent back to the highest resoloution and that was the first time i actually noticed them.
  • Vegan;156712 said:
    But it's a widescreen game. It's like if you watched a DVD on a 4:3 TV, it's gonna have a letterbox. You can't put a square peg in a round hole, or in this case, a rectangular peg in a square hole.
    Actually, the game has a full-screen mode that worked in the reviewable and was cut out in the 5 days before the official release. Kind of obnoxious.
  • User Avatar Image
    Tea
    I like the letterbox, it makes it feel more cinematic with all the other film-type effects going on.
  • It must be 16:9 (like HDTV) because even at 1920x1200 (16:10) there are black bars.
  • Random Variable;156786 said:
    It must be 16:9 (like HDTV) because even at 1920x1200 (16:10) there are black bars.
    correct
  • Its a nasty trend lately, 4:3 displays are still very common and lots of us have reasonably new and expensive screens that we don't want to sacrifice for the sake of a handfull of widescreen only games.
  • why even bother with that res in this game.. does it really make that much of a difference with these models and backgrounds?

dun dun dunnn
  • ...there aren't any black bars in 1280x720, because it already has an aspect ratio of 16:9.
  • I've only noticed the black bars after I went back to check because of this thread. I've got a widescreen monitor using a resolution of 1440x900. The bars are there but they aren't that big (half an inch or so at most).
Add Comment