User Avatar Image

Snapping?

posted by hplikelike on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
Did anyone else realize an unusual amount of snapping in ToMI? It's like the developers spent a week working on getting the characters to snap, then, when it finally worked, decided to milk it for all the hard work they put into it. [just a theory. Your's?]

I'm not annoyed by it, but it certainly stands out.
52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not sure what you mean by snapping... do you mean the characters automatically returning to their previous position after another animation has played? I only ever really noticed it on the glassblowing pirate.
  • I didn't even notice it
  • I know what you mean hplikelike. I didn't mind it, but I remember seeing the newspaper editor and the man with power pirate toys (Sorry, not good with names yet!) do it. Did every other character do it?
  • Haha, I definitely noticed it. ^^ I'm pretty sure the snapping is a stock animation "gesture" that's being applied to the characters through the Telltale Tool. If you've played Telltale's Sam & Max games, you may have noticed that all the characters have individual sets of gestures they'll repeat periodically which are unique to him/her. TMI seems to be a bit different in that the "snapping" is something almost all the people on Flotsam do, as opposed to just one of them.
  • I noticed it. I'm not sure its significant, but I do remember thinking, "why do they keep snapping while they talk?" I understand one character snapping to emphasize points, but that many was just confusing. It must be part of the Flotsam dialect. j/k
  • lawrencek;161869 said:
    I know what you mean hplikelike. I didn't mind it, but I remember seeing the newspaper editor and the man with power pirate toys (Sorry, not good with names yet!) do it. Did every other character do it?
    Guybrush does it a few times

{I mean the finger snapping. verb. as in "I got a great idea! I'll show it with a snap"}
  • Oh, never even thought of that haha! Well, I guess snapping is better then them standing around as stiff as a board huh? A little variety wouldn't hurt, but then I've never done 3D animation before, so I'd have no idea how in depth that could get!
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Those guys love snapping too much, probably. Hopefully that fad will pass in the later episodes.
  • Yes, I noticed.

I almost wonder if it was a part of the Pox... ;)
  • I think the joke where Guybrush tries to snap with his evil hand would have been funnier if everyone else was snapping right before he tried.
Add Comment