[UPDATED 6/10] Pre-Season News Thread - TTG showing BATMAN on Sunday before Walking Dead at 3 PM PT
BATMAN - The Telltale Series
Pre-Season News Thread
June 11th - June 16th
- Tweet from Job: All set. Get your first look at 'BATMAN - The Telltale Series' this Sunday morning, before the new .@TheWalkingDead reveal at 3pm PT #E32016
- Tweet from Job: Just saw some more of next week's BATMAN demo... And Sunday's .@TheWalkingDead teaser. Incredibly proud of this team. Watch closely! #E32016
Tweet from Job: 'BATMAN - The Telltale Series' will premiere this summer, TheWalkingDead's 3rd season will premiere this fall #E32016 begins in 1 week
- Tweet from Job: Seeing BATMAN in motion more and more this week, like a living comic! Also seeing the undead come to life on screen w/ a VERY updated look.
Telltale has SXSW panel with first info on Batman; read community forum member summary from Batman SXSW Panel here.
- Info from Panel:
- 5 Episode Series premieres this Summer
- Aiming for M rated, comic style presentation similar to Wolf.
- Some scenes will let you choose whether to play as Bruce/Batman
- Will use a vastly updated Telltale engine, will feature some new gameplay mechanics - engine will be used for all TTG games going forward.
- Info from Panel:
- Telltale announces Batman SXSW Panel via Telltale Blog
- On March 18th, Telltale is heading out to Austin for the show where we'll be discussing the very first details of our upcoming series based on BATMAN for the first time! Be one of the first in the know on our next episodic series as Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller interviews our team to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.
- Kevin Bruner talks about Batman in interview with Kotaku
- "Our Batman series is looking fantastic. I think it might become one of the best things we’ve ever done. I can’t go into much detail, but the Batman team is amazing and they are really on top of it. It’s not like any other Batman game out there. This game really explores all aspects of Batman, not just the the “fighting in the suit” side of him. There’s a lot of subplots to explore and some really amazing choices that have a big impact on the story being told. I really think it might be the peak of the mountain for us so far."
- Tweet from Laura: I was just treated to a little sneak peek at our in-game #Batman model. SPOILER: I love it.
- Tweet from Eric Stirpe (Minecraft: Story Mode writer): Listening to people on the Batman team talk about crime scenes and bullet wounds makes me feel like I'm in an episode of CSI.
- Blog Post: Telltale Games, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment Announce Game Series based on Batman™ for 2016
- Telltale Games, with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment, today announced an interactive episodic game series based on DC Comics’ iconic Batman™ that is set to premiere in 2016. The official title for the Telltale series is yet to be revealed.