User Avatar Image

Ctrl-w cheat?

posted by kaffebaggel on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
at first i really enjoyed the new control but that was until i realized the new control system has eliminated the time honored tradition of ctrl-w, how am i supposed to "win" the game now?
25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The secret is to play it to completion.
  • kaffebaggel;163591 said:
    at first i really enjoyed the new control but that was until i realized the new control system has eliminated the time honored tradition of ctrl-w, how am i supposed to "win" the game now?
    Ok...this may sound really stupid...have I missed something with the old MI/SCUMM games with a Ctrl-W win command...:confused:
  • User Avatar Image
    DPB
    I never tried it any of the other SCUMM games, but in Full Throttle you could hit ctrl+w to automatically win the annoying biker fight minigame.

EDIT: Just tried it in MI, it asks you "do you want to win? y/n" and takes you to the credit sequence if you answer yes.
  • charlieboy2001;163652 said:
    Ok...this may sound really stupid...have I missed something with the old MI/SCUMM games with a Ctrl-W win command...:confused:
    Its in all 4 MI games as far as i can remember
  • /hangs head in shame :(

An I never knew :(
  • I'm a bit sad it wasn't included in TMI....hopefully it's still in SMI:SE. And considering they built it on the original code it's a fair bet.
  • MusicallyInspired;163684 said:
    I'm a bit sad it wasn't included in TMI....hopefully it's still in SMI:SE. And considering they built it on the original code it's a fair bet.
    Carefull, they may make it one of the little puzzles in another episode :p
  • I can see the problem as this: People using WASD and shift to run... it would be all too easy to accidentally hit ctrl-w, with disastrous, game-winning results!
  • Inso;163709 said:
    I can see the problem as this: People using WASD and shift to run... it would be all too easy to accidentally hit ctrl-w, with disastrous, game-winning results!
    ROFL I never thought of that. Then it's settled:

Telltale turn it into an easter egg :D
  • Inso;163709 said:
    I can see the problem as this: People using WASD and shift to run... it would be all too easy to accidentally hit ctrl-w, with disastrous, game-winning results!
    would be fixed if the control system didn't suck. It sucked in EfMI, and it semi-sucks in ToMI.... will they fix it in future? :)
Add Comment