User Avatar Image

TOMI or SMI:SE?

posted by Olaus Petrus on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
First episode of TOMI was published week ago and SMI:SE came out today. I bought both titles ASAP and I assume that many others did the same, so my question is which you liked better, a new adventure or remake.

Personally I like TOMI more, because of two reasons:

1. I like TOMI's 3d graphics more, while background art of SMI:SE is beautiful animation looks almost same as in original and takes time to get used to (I haven't quite get used to it yet, but maybe I will before I complete it).

2. TOMI is whole new experience, with SMI:SE I know the plot and puzzle solutions in advance, although I must say that plot and puzzles are still excellent.

Also despite the fact that I bought SMI:SE from Steam I don't like interface of the Steam launcher and would rather have bought it directly from developer.
54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Olaus Petrus;164233 said:


    Also despite the fact that I bought SMI:SE from Steam I don't like interface of the Steam launcher and would rather have bought it directly from developer.
    If you had bought it on Direct2Drive you would've just gotten a normal installer for the game, or at least that's what I gather from reading what other people have said.
  • Secret Fawful;164244 said:
    If you had bought it on Direct2Drive you would've just gotten a normal installer for the game, or at least that's what I gather from reading what other people have said.
    I don't live in the USA or Canada and they won't sell it outside that region.
  • Olaus Petrus;164233 said:
    I bought both titles ASAP and I assume that many others did the same, so my question is which you liked better, a new adventure or remake.
    Love love love both, but I'm marginally more excited about the next chapter of Tales than I am about completing TSMISE, so I suppose that's an answer right there.

    Tales has really impressed me. I was all about the remake and not too bothered about Tales before I gave it a chance, but I am definitely enjoying the *new* puzzles + usable interface more than I thought. TSMI puzzles I already know off by heart owing to misspent youth.
  • I think I actually liked SMI:SE better than Launch and I extremely loved Launch. TOMI as a whole is more exciting though because I haven't played it.
  • I'm surprised SMI:SE isn't available on LucasArts' site yet. It just says "coming soon".

    I've avoided Steam because I really don't want to deal with their DRM.
  • If in US or Canada buy from Direct2Drive. I did.

    And XBox 360.
  • Direct2Drive is just an installer, no DRM?

    I still don't understand why LucasArts doesn't have it on their site.
  • I would get get both personally. Which is what I am going to do as soon as I figure out the best place to buy it from.

    Contribute to the comeback of adventure games!
  • I bought Tales. I think I'll wait for LucasArts to offer it directly before I buy SMI:SE
Add Comment