User Avatar Image

Whats your take on ending message of MI:SE?

posted by Everlast on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
So guys whats your take on the ending message. To me it sounds theres more games to come about Monkey Island! And that the possibility is open for MI2 to be remade!
74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Duh, what's it?

Can anyone provide a video link?
  • »Guybrush will return«.
    Not sure, but I think this also appeared at the end of the original Monkey Island… because Ron planned three MI-games right from the start.
  • It's a James Bond related joke
  • Majus;164654 said:
    »Guybrush will return«.
    Not sure, but I think this also appeared at the end of the original Monkey Island… because Ron planned three MI-games right from the start.
    yeah it was in the original game, i dont think we should read too much into this. But MI:SE is topping the bestsellers list on steam and if it stays that way for a bit, I'm sure we'll see more remakes :D
  • tmsmyth4;164734 said:
    yeah it was in the original game, i dont think we should read too much into this. But MI:SE is topping the bestsellers list on steam and if it stays that way for a bit, I'm sure we'll see more remakes :D
    Tales was also pulled back onto the Bestseller list after it simply dropped off it yesterday. I suppose at least a good number of Steam users wanted to buy both at the same time.
  • tmsmyth4;164734 said:
    yeah it was in the original game
    Really? I don't remember that. I should re-play the original MI before playing this special edition...
  • Javi-Wan Kenobi;164772 said:
    Really? I don't remember that. I should re-play the original MI before playing this special edition...
    I don't remember it either... I remember the "turn off your computer and go to sleep" message...
  • Given the amount being sold of SoMI, and the resources now in place for such projects for LA, it would be idiotic not to take advantage to skim the cream off.

By the looks of it, without specific figures, LA is making a killing from a relatively small project. They'd probably drop only a few sales if they bumped an extra £5/$5 to the price, and they'll know this now with SoMILRSE.

In fact, to be honest, the only reason I could think of for having a semi-new game at such a cheap price, apart from lack of actual CD etc. Is that they're looking to generate maximum sales and interest so they can invigorate the product for extra adventures. In which case, it's a dead cert. That Guybrush will return :)
  • User Avatar Image
    Tea
    tmsmyth4;164734 said:
    So we know what to do - Do not buy the SE from Steam.

One remake is bad enough.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Chances are pretty high for a "LeChuck's revenge"-remake, I'd say, judging from sales of the first SE. However, if LEC doesn't ... sorry, "grow a pair" is the correct colloquialism, they are very likely to repeat the straight-overpaint-remake mistake they did with this first one.
Add Comment