"The Winds of Winter" Episode Discussion

I know it will be hours since the episode will be released, but I gotta have those views man, those views!
I bet this episode will be fire (pun intended), and I can't wait to hear "Light of the Seven" in action, its starting to be my favourite GoT track and my favourite Ramin Djawadi work. Its going to be beautiful to say the least.

Um, Please don't ban me.

Comments

• Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 10 "The Windows of Winter"

It's not too early for the thread, is it? :D

Anyway, discuss the episode before it, during it, and after it!

It's the season finale, the last episode before a ~9 month break, so let's enjoy the hell out of it! It's also the longest GoT episode ever, 69 minutes IIRC.

• Of course we made these at the same minute :D:D Well, the mods can clean up mine :p

• I do like you having my title format Mortal. Don't worry, we wouldn't ban you over something so trivial. (or would we?)

Having an episode discussion a few hours before it airs allows for speculation, which is always nice.

• Windows? Was that deliberate?

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 6 Episode 10 "The Windows of Winter" It's not too early for the thread, is it? Anyway, dis

• Its just the hype that kills us to create the thread. I mean, we're not gonna get any more GoT in a year!

Of course we made these at the same minute :D Well, the mods can clean up mine

• I'm not gonna be able to watch it tonight. My aunt, uncle and cousin keep hauling the TV. So I have to watch it tomorrow.

FML

• Same, but whats worse is that I have school and I've got a French exam. All I think about is GoT, how can I do the exam?

I'm not gonna be able to watch it tonight. My aunt, uncle and cousin keep hauling the TV. So I have to watch it tomorrow. FML

• Lol, I have no idea why I have written that XD And I didn't even notice....

enter image description here

KCohere posted: »

Windows? Was that deliberate?

• How do you guys think this season will end?

I think it'll end with Bran finishing his Tower of Joy vision or perhaps with the Wall falling although I think it's too soon for that.

• a.) Dany sailing away from Slaver's Bay with her new ships, b.) The Wall coming down/White Walkers some other way coming trough it, or c.) King's Landing burning to ashes.

How do you guys think this season will end? I think it'll end with Bran finishing his Tower of Joy vision or perhaps with the Wall falling although I think it's too soon for that.

• Probably a

a.) Dany sailing away from Slaver's Bay with her new ships, b.) The Wall coming down/White Walkers some other way coming trough it, or c.) King's Landing burning to ashes.

• Also, prepare for a very jam packed episode. There are so many storylines they need to touch on: Winterfell, Bran/Meera/Benjen, Jaime/Freys, King's Landing, Meereen, Sam (most likely), Dorne (probably), Arya (maybe), Hound/BwB (maybe)

• I think we Will say goodbye also to Margaery and Loras.

• Thank you for posting this. I was tired of making the discussions the lar couple weeks because it blew up my inbox lol. Anyways the should be a good episode being that it is almost 70 minutes long. Things I think will happen in this episode:

Bran finishes his tower of joy visions and reveals Jon's true parentage. I think Bran also gets to the wall and the white walkers destroy it though they could save that for next season.

Arya goes to the Frey and Lannister celebration shown in the previews and kills Walder Frey.

Dany and Tyrion start sailing to westeros, but gets into a fight with Euron.

Jon and Sansa will likely have a fight about little finger.

Cersei blows up King's landing an kills everyone or mostly everyone (again this could be saved till next year.)

Sam and Gilly go to the citadel?

I have a feeling it won't happen an the time for it has long passed, but we could see Lady Stoneheart show up somehow like maybe the bother hood stumbles upon her body and resurrects her, but then again she would be all bones I'd guess. The show could also ditch the whole plot and just make Sansa Lady Stoneheart. Either way I see Sansa or Lady Stoneheart being pissed at Brienne.

• Hahaha! I thought it was some wierd pun I didn't understand.

Lol, I have no idea why I have written that XD And I didn't even notice....

• edited June 2016

Looks like we can say goodbye to Loras's pretty hair.

Looks like we said goodbye to all the nobles in King's Landing. Freaking crazy ass Cercei.

Ace24_ posted: »

I think we Will say goodbye also to Margaery and Loras.

• edited June 2016

The only one of these I think might happen is the Jon and Sansa thing.

Okay, you must have been spoiled.

Thank you for posting this. I was tired of making the discussions the lar couple weeks because it blew up my inbox lol. Anyways th

• Since I'm watching on Amazon, I have to wait till Tuesday :/ for every episode :/ :/

I'm not gonna be able to watch it tonight. My aunt, uncle and cousin keep hauling the TV. So I have to watch it tomorrow. FML

• Wow, you got it worse than us

Since I'm watching on Amazon, I have to wait till Tuesday for every episode

• Omg Dorne in the opening credits...

• edited June 2016

So Qyburn took on Varys role from the books in some ways with those little birds. Hmm interesting.

Also epic freaking music. :O

• I fucking called it! Holy shit that was epic. Lady Olena is gonna be pissed to no end lol. I also think Tommen may kill himself.

• Margaery!!! Nooooo ;-;

• No way that just happened. Its got to be some kind of revenge fantasy of Cercei's.

• edited June 2016

I'm sorry, but I can't take that little girl seriously lol. I do love how she dissed Sansa though xD. Sansa is so gonna try killing Jon or something

• I loved King's Landing in this episode. North was also very good. Overall, a great episode. And that last shot was beautiful, but I don't really see the reason to "teleport" Varys and Martell/Tyrell ships there - we got the point that they were allying from the Dorne scene. And this way we had Dany and Varys first meeting off screen which is a bit disappointing, since they could've easily saved it for next season (Dany's fleet arriving to Dorne, where Martell and Tyrell ships would've joined them). Buuut, that's a minor nitpick, I liked the episode. Not sure yet if 9/10 or even 9.5/10.

• awesome freaking episode with amazing music. I know this may sound shocking, but I honestly think this episode was even better than the last. I would give it a 10/10.

Arya gets some revenge and bakes some delicious pies

Dany is finally sailing to westeros. I almost think that the brotherhood without banners may join her and we may still get a Cleganebowl on the battlefield.

Jon gets proclaimed king in the north which I noticed kind of pissed Sansa off which makes me think we might get some tension between her and Jon. Also yay R+L=J is confirmed!!!!

Cersei is queen which is awful. I mean I'm glad she got some revenge, but I still want her dead. I don't see her reign lasting long though because she has no allies except the mountain, qyburn, and maybe Jaime(he seemed pissed though. Makes me think he is definetly the little brother that will kill Cersei). Meanwhile Dany keeps getting more and more allies.

• Yeah it is funny/weird that Varys borrowed Littlefingers teleporter. On the plus side the sandsnakes were tolerable and we didn't have to deal with them to much.

I loved King's Landing in this episode. North was also very good. Overall, a great episode. And that last shot was beautiful, but

• Yeah it was great to see Olenna shut them up :D

Yeah it is funny/weird that Varys borrowed Littlefingers teleporter. On the plus side the sandsnakes were tolerable and we didn't have to deal with them to much.

• What? Little Lady Mormont is the most boss of all time. I seriously want to adopt her.

I'm sorry, but I can't take that little girl seriously lol. I do love how she dissed Sansa though xD. Sansa is so gonna try killing Jon or something

• I dont think Sansa is gunning for power like people think. I hope she is happy for him, but probably as surprised as I was that they just up and declared him the new King in the North.

• So what do you think about the situation in the North? Do you think it's a good thing that Jon is now King in the North? You know, we've been here before.... Granted, this is a very different situation. Would you've preferred Sansa as Queen in the North? And what will Littlefinger's reaction be to this? Oh, and what about if/when Bran comes back? That will be awkward :D

Anyway, White Wolf FTW!

• I feel like Jon is going to share his power with Sansa as much as he can. He said she's the Lady of the House. He's not going to push her to the side.

So what do you think about the situation in the North? Do you think it's a good thing that Jon is now King in the North? You know,

• Not really. I ususally keep far away from anything game of thrones related so I can avoid spoilers. Most of those predictions are just that predictions. Most of which I based off Bran's visions and conversation's in the show like Qyburn telling Cersei that "the rumors are true".

KCohere posted: »

The only one of these I think might happen is the Jon and Sansa thing. Okay, you must have been spoiled.

• Well I'd say this warrants a change of gravatar!

• I'm not a huge fan of Sansa and I think Jon is awesome so I'm glad they declared for him.

So what do you think about the situation in the North? Do you think it's a good thing that Jon is now King in the North? You know,

• edited June 2016

I'm interested to see what will happen to Arya now. If she is going to Winterfell we're going to see Sansa and Arya reuniting. It is going to be beautiful.

It's going to be wierd seeing Dany in Westeros...

• I wonder where will Dany's huge fleet make it's landing. Straight to KL?

I'm interested to see what will happen to Arya now. If she is going to Winterfell we're going to see Sansa and Arya reuniting. It is going to be beautiful. It's going to be wierd seeing Dany in Westeros...

• Then I commend you sir, because you got a lot right. Not that Im happy about Cercei declaring herself queen. My worst GOT nightmare come true.

Not really. I ususally keep far away from anything game of thrones related so I can avoid spoilers. Most of those predictions are

• Yep, they also remixed the Arya/ Manderley Frey Pie thing. Im not even going to ask how she got all the way to the Twins already.

So Qyburn took on Varys role from the books in some ways with those little birds. Hmm interesting. Also epic freaking music. :O

Sign in to comment in this discussion.