13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is the best news I've heard in weeks...especially considering the fact that Brian Moriarty gave his blessing to these guys.
  • I hope they are as dedicated as the AGD Interactive team, because that game looks gorgeous; though the tone looks a lot darker than the first game. Hmm.
  • I really need to play LOOM after I play Grim Fandango.

Had it for years, just sitting there.
  • LOOM never interested me, but that screenie is beautiful. Consider me intrigued, if only for the art.
  • I loved Loom... but it's hard to imagine a sequel. I thought it was a wonderful stand alone game.

Also, will the seagulls be there? Monkey Island hasn't been the same since the credits no longer say "Seagull courtesy of Loom."
  • Wow. That looks niiiiiiiiiiice. Really liked Loom. Was just a bit....not short.....is empty the right word? I mean, it had enough puzzles and characters...it just didn't feel like it had much soul to it. Still loved it, though. I'd play this baby too.
  • If I were working on a fan-sequel, I think I'd do my best to not tell anyone outside the team until it was complete. A work-in-progress game can always get a Cease-and-Desist letter, but a complete game, once uploaded somewhere, can never truly be scrubbed from the internet. And that would be the true victory
  • LuigiHann;168516 said:
    If I were working on a fan-sequel, I think I'd do my best to not tell anyone outside the team until it was complete. A work-in-progress game can always get a Cease-and-Desist letter, but a complete game, once uploaded somewhere, can never truly be scrubbed from the internet. And that would be the true victory
    That is always a risk, but on the other hand, you have Zak McKracken 2, which was actually featured on TV before being released and no one up high seemed to care much.

EDIT:

Also, there's King's Quest IX, which got so much support from the community, it was rewarded a licence from Vivendi. Of course, that game - unlike Zak 2 - is still not done and probably won't be for a while.
  • ooo pretty.... though, I have to wonder how they're going to tweak it to have Bobbin human again.
  • purple_monkfish;168791 said:
    ooo pretty.... though, I have to wonder how they're going to tweak it to have Bobbin human again.
    By weaving cgfC on him?
Add Comment