Underused Batman villains you want to see

There are absolutely loads of Batman villains, some only appeared in one issue, but some villains are just getting dumped and forgotten. For me, it is the Ratcatcher, or the calendar man, seeing how he was done so intimidating in Arkham City

Comments

• MadHatter and Anarky would be nice.

• Post 2000 Frank Miller.

• Lazlo Valentin A.K.A. Professor Pyg. I think that Pyg could be well placed if working for some villain who is trying to "fix" the city, once that Pyg is Always trying to "fix" people, someone could be providing him some of the major figures of Gotham in order for him to lobotomize them, which would help with controlling the city.

• If i see Killer Croc ill be happy.

• Arkham Knight.

• Does anyone remember KG Beast?

• edited July 2016

Killer Moth is a character I would like to see written prominently again. Originally a random criminal, Killer Moth saw Batman in the news and decided to model himself into an Anti-Batman: one that would hire himself out to aid criminals. Under the alias Cameron Von Cleer, he used a fortune to established his himself amongst the criminal underworld and become a foil to Batman and Robin's crime fighting, even wielding his own Moth themed gadgetry. After several incidents that resulted in his defeat, Drury Walker's real name was revealed after his defeat by Batgirl before the transition to Post Crisis made him into a villain that no one takes seriously. While the validity of his identity has jumped around uncertainly, he has popped up from time to time as a small time Rogue who can occassionally throw down competently with the Batman family. Willing to team up with any just to regain his edge, he even entered a dark enterprise that transformed him into the moth monster Charaxes. While the exact consistency of who is Killer Moth when and if the original is still completely human is all over the place, he is usually seen nowadays as a joke villain who only pops up to throw in an oddball.

I think an interpretation that utilizes aspects of all of them would be nice: Someone who could give Batman and the Police a lot of trouble in one scene, fumble about and humiliate himself in the next, and yet still play a balancing of being taken seriously by the brooding Batman but actually being preferable to deal with by the Police Department compared to the other villains .

• savage

IDredMan posted: »

Post 2000 Frank Miller.

• edited July 2016

He's technically not that underused, but the version of Killer Kroc in where he started out as an intelligent and tough gangster that took over other mob families, it would be nice considering it's a version not every fan is used to seeing.

• But red hood is extremly overused

Clord posted: »

Arkham Knight.

• The Music Meister! I know, that this is impossible, but still.

• But Arkham Knight is not, considering he only appears in one game and game related prequel comics.

As far I know Arkham Knight and Red Hood are separate identities even if being used by a same person.

But red hood is extremly overused

• Black Mask, maybe? His appearance in Arkham Origins was a bit disappointing, so I'd be interested in seeing a decent portrayal of the character in a game. That and Mad Hatter, who's just downright creepy...

• edited July 2016

Mad Hatter and Riddler, together

MadHatter and Anarky would be nice.

• Maybe Hush? it would be cool to finally see his apperance

• Clay Face, Mad Hatter, and Man-Bat could be fun.

• edited July 2016

I can't describe the spoilers I guess. Stop reading if you haven't played Arkham Knight or haven't read Hush.

Hush's place is pretty moot now that Jason Todd has been done to death. The best part of that story was when Bruce was struggling with Todd's reappearance(before that actually happened later). I really wanted Arkham Knight to be Hush. It would have been so much better than the twice-over rehash that came out.

Leluch123 posted: »

Maybe Hush? it would be cool to finally see his apperance

• Slade or joker

• Underused Batman villains

• Never seen the Joker in a piece of Batman media before.
    So he definitely fits the 'underused' category.

makmak600 posted: »

Slade or joker

• Arkham City made it look like Hush would be a big deal in Arkham Knight and then, his plan turned out to be quite pathetic for Hush.

Johro posted: »

I can't describe the spoilers I guess. Stop reading if you haven't played Arkham Knight or haven't read Hush. Hush's place is

• Killer Croc and the Riddler.

• Since this game is supposedly trying to feature Bruce Wayne and Gotham more: Deacon Blackfire, Black Mask, Nobody, Johnny WItts, Mayor Hill, Rupert Thorne, or Ruby Ryder.

• edited July 2016

Oh my god yes, he is the definition of underused. Literally only ever appeared in one episode of the show and never seen again. I would love to see this quirky villain in the game, maybe as a minor fight in one episode at least.

Some goons just start singing out of nowhere while you're fighting them, you hear a maniacal laugh in the background.

Gentlemann posted: »

The Music Meister! I know, that this is impossible, but still.

• edited February 2017

I know I know. This thread coming back from the dead. Ugh, joke meme, blah blah.

Now, to the topic...

Underused characters. If I were going to do a solo Batman story, I would try and ignore the A-list of the rogues gallery and give one of the lesser knowns a chance to shine.

But the villain I want to return is kind of embarrassing, but this female villain has returned in the new Nightwing series.

Yes it is Grace Balin AKA Orca.

Why this one you ask? Well I loved orcas when I was a boy, plus when I got older I developed a crush on built women. I believe I still have her only parts in the Batman comics #579-581. Despite the flack and guff Grace has received, I didn't see anything negative but a character with possible potential (though not everyone will agree).

Long ago, I heard she returned with a major Two Face arc, only for my heart to break when I heard she was killed by a new Tally Man. Plus, developed a hatred for the mastermind for Two-Face's reemergence, Warren Whyte AKA The Great White Shark. Tally Man carried out the execution but Great White Shark was the mastermind HENCE he is one who wrote her death sentence. And there were some other lesser villains assassinated but I don't want to drag this out anymore.

I hoped against hope that Orca would somehow make a comeback...

And she has. In the new Nightwing series. But I don't know. It's been so long since seeing that picture with her corpse.
    And who's to say she won't get screwed over by DC again?

Maybe I just need to see her in a few more issues to re spark my interest in this foe. And maybe given more to develop.

• I would love to see Talon in Season 2 think about it they are able to beat Batman in a fight. Also in the comics they lived in an underground base in Gotham City. Also Batman fights Lady Arkham in an underground cathedral which could have alerted the Talons that someone was close to discovering them.

• sigh So much wasted potential.

Clord posted: »

Arkham City made it look like Hush would be a big deal in Arkham Knight and then, his plan turned out to be quite pathetic for Hush.

• edited February 2017

Pamela Isley and Kirk Langstrom could both be employees working in different divisions of Wayne Enterprises. One way or another, they'll end up becoming their villainous selves, although the degree of their villainy could depend on Bruce/Batman's actions.

Obviously, Poison Ivy would be a higher priority than Man-Bat, who's more of a wild animal and incapable of having much of an agenda. (Unless Telltale wants to take a VERY different approach to the character.) The Joker would be a deuteragonist, watching events unfold from the sidelines while occasionally "checking in" on Bruce.

• Fools, you forget the most 'dangerous' of Batman villains, The Condiment King! Oh the humanity lol xD
    Insert image description here

• Damn it. You got to it before me.

Fools, you forget the most 'dangerous' of Batman villains, The Condiment King! Oh the humanity lol xD

• Is nobody gonna talk about the underrated master of all villains, The Condiment King?

enter image description here

• The Riddler, Deadshot and poison Ivy

• Professor Pyg for me cause I think he would work really well in the whole series. They are using some "not that well known Batman characters" like Falcone and they sorta tried to make penguin not well known because they called him by his real name "Oz" so Professor Pyg would be a good choice seeing that they are trying to do "not that well known Batman characters".

• edited February 2017

Zack Snyder

• Mr. Freeze man

• Poison Ivy, The Riddler and any other allies that go ROUGE

• Hugo Strange maybe?

• Man-Bat riddler deathstroke deadshot ra's al gull clayface

• Omg ur right

Fools, you forget the most 'dangerous' of Batman villains, The Condiment King! Oh the humanity lol xD

• First Anarky and then that Azrael.(Even though he's more hero than villain)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.