User Avatar Image

Curse Guybrush 3D model!

posted by Hitman on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
There is a game out there that features a 3D model of Guybrush from Curse of Monkey Island. Can you find out which one? ;)

Hint: it also works in the game's demo

What would you think if Telltale would have used a model similar to that one in Tales?
19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.
    You have to enter the debugging/cheating console and type "makemeapirate"
    Even more: One of the secret treasures on the last level is in a 3D model of the pirate barber shop from CMI. There, Indy changes to Guybrush even without typing the console code, IIRC.
    And if you use the bazooka being Guybrush, you fire explosive rubber chickens with pulley on the middle.

That model is far too outdated to be used now.
    I think Telltale's model is much better, not only because is less "polygonal", but because I like the design.
    Still, I prefer that Guybrush model/design than the one they used for EMI.
  • That's why I said "similar". An updated model. :)

And you are correct, that's the game!
  • Anyone got any screenshots of this?

I've left my copy of the game at my parent's house. And in all honesty I only went on it a few times :(
  • HAHA!! SWEET!! That is ace, thank you very much!
  • if you type the code on the first babylon level, i think there is a glitch where you turn indy into a box.
  • man what a horrible 3d model!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its like someone made that drawing in a bathroom with lights turned off and very drunk of drinking grog!
  • Everlast;170781 said:
    man what a horrible 3d model!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its like someone made that drawing in a bathroom with lights turned off and very drunk of drinking grog!
    Welcome to 1999.
  • I was going to make some snarky comment about it being better than Escape's Guybrush, but I'm not even sure about that.

[edit]: actually, I vaguely remember someone doing a pretty good looking 3D Curse Guybrush once. I think it was something to do with the Blood Island 3D project, but last time I checked, the site was down.
  • Buried on page 8 of the fan art thread is this guy's CMI model, in what may be one of the most tragically overlooked posts of all the internets.
    nadir;135402 said:
    I have been working on this for quite a while. 4,298 polys created using 3ds Max. Still have to do model the collar and texture him.

That thing is great. About 6 months ago, I started to dabble, completely uninitiated, with 3DS max and set out very clumsily to make almost exactly what I see above me. Of course I ended up with only a partially constructed head and left it at that. So much props to nadir. :cool:
Add Comment