92 Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    Deltino Moderator

I just did an alternate playthrough where I was nice to Slab the entire time and I have to say, I think I just found a new favorite character. He's actually a really cool dude when you're nice to him. If you talked to the miner, and were just sassy with him, you're actually missing out. There's an entire other side to the guy.

The amount of variety in the choices in this episode is actually pretty great. In fact, Minecraft has been pretty great with choices overall. For all the flak Telltale gets about choices not mattering enough, Minecraft has done a pretty good job when it comes to tailoring. Choosing between one person or the other has some definite impacts, friendships can be made or broken, unique scenes and sequences open up depending on choices, scenes that you wouldn't see otherwise, quite a few changes in dialogue based on how you've responded, and all sorts of other cool stuff.

• I thought the ending could've been handled better. Also I feel like we didn't get any backstory on the Old Builders… was looking forward to that. Gonna replay and get the journal and save Ivor, and actually watch the after credits scene.

• I have not tried this yet but I'm pretty sure when your nice to slab you will get the journal back I wonder if the Journal has anything significant in it.

• Yes, Nell was friendly through out, cant say the same about any of the other new characters.

• I cried when Ivor said goodbye to Harper. I'm no shipper but it was so cute seeing Ivor like that. Also I could not stop laughing when Ivor took the atlas and flint and steel I obviously let him go :)

• Was Hadrian played by cat from catdog?

• So a lot of people are saying they liked the Slab ending so I played the episode with that choice and it really worth upsetting that miner guy who wanted to talk with you I always thought Slab would be one of those characters you really wouldn't like but it's just like with Ivor he became one of my favorite characters (but Nell is really my favorite) and that extra choice of Luckas gets his journal back was pretty cool although if you do talk to the miner I wonder what you can do with the lapis he gives you.

• Oh, the entire episode was awesome...
    Before I was able to play this (Xbox One), I actually thought either Lukas or Petra would DIE, I am actually surprised they didn't, but also happy!
    Sure hope you guys make a Season 2!

• So I usually play on mcsm on Xbox one but since mcsm episode 8 Xbox came late on Xbox one I decided to play the episode on my phone since I don't play story mode on my phone choices were randomly generated. So that extra scene at the end does depend on your choice in episode 1 when I played on my phone it was 100 chicken sized zombies (it was a randomly generated choice so that's why) but when it released on Xbox one it was 10 zombie sized chickens I liked 10 zombie sized chickens better.

Add Comment