User Avatar Image

New Frontier Eps 1+2 Waiting Thread - Now out on PC (Steam/TTG/Win 10), Xbox One, PS4, iOS, Android

posted by Blind Sniper Moderator on - last edited - Viewed by 375.7K users

Reminder, posting ANY spoilers in this thread can result in a ban. Please refrain from posting ANY spoilers in this thread.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

New Forum Guidelines Update (November 10th)

We have updated the Forum Guidelines with a new Category for Expected Posting Etiquette as well as revisions to other Forum Guidelines. Please read over the new revision to Forum Guidelines. Changes include new rules for sharing Let's Plays/Streams, as well as elaboration on expected posting quality, respectful criticism versus personal attacks against staff on the forums, and more.

Other New Forum Changes: You can now use Emoticons, and you can embed Tweets and YouTube videos just by directly copy/pasting a link. Read Page 1 for more info!

Release Dates

Episodes 1 AND 2 release on the same day

• PC - December 20th
  • Xbox One - December 20th
  • Playstation 4 - December 20th
  • iOS - December 21st
  • Android - December 23rd

(The Walking Dead: A New Frontier will no longer be releasing on 360 and PS3.)

News

December 16th

December 15th

December 14th

December 12th

December 10th

December 9th

December 7th

December 6th

December 1st

November 30th

November 28th

November 22nd

November 21st

November 20th

November 11th:

November 10th

November 2nd

November 1st

October 26th

October 21st:

September 27th:

September 2nd:

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for the latest episode in a Waiting Thread - Doing so leaves you at risk of punishment. Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions, so please respect that. Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay.

Remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale Facebook page, on Twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Please do not overuse gifs, large letters, memes, etc - Posts will be flagged as Spam for over using large letters.

13.1K Comments
  • User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

The wait is almost over!

We finally made it! It's been a long time coming, but we're finally close enough to release to make the Episode 1 Waiting Thread for the The Walking Dead's third Season! Announced all the way back in July of 2014, we are only several weeks away from the Season Premiere of The Walking Dead: A New Frontier!

Want to take a trip down memory lane? Look back on the Pre-Season News thread to see older news updates all the way back from July 2014, leading up to this point.

Take a trip down Memory Lane

New Forum Additions since Season 2

• Embed YouTube/Tweets directly by copy/pasting the link without using the Link tool!

• Emoticons: If you are on a Computer, you can hold your cursor over the smiley to see what I typed to get it to display. Please do not over use these, but feel free to use them in normal amounts, like you would pictures, gifs, etc.

• :) :D B) :| :( ;) D: :o
      • :/ :'( <3 >:) :3 =) :angry: :bawling:
      • :rage: :grinning: :joy: :innocent: :fearful: :sweat: :sleepy: :relaxed:
      • :yum: :smirk: :relieved: :expressionless: :tired_face: :confounded: :kiss: :sleeping:
      • :flushed: :triumph: :scream: :anguished: :mask: :dizzy_face: :astonished: :kissing_heart:
      • :unamused: :persevere: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :disappointed_relieved: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :no_mouth: :kissing_closed_eyes: :weary:
      • :broken_heart: :p :sweat_smile: :love: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :pensive: :star:

Ground Rules for Waiting Threads

These rules apply to each Waiting Thread we make, so please be respectful of that. Thanks! :)

It's okay to pass the time and make small talk, but please try to have actual conversation based around Walking Dead. In other words, please don't post random things just for the sake of posting. It's okay if there is nothing new to discuss for a while.

• Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for the latest episode in a Waiting Thread - Doing so leaves you at risk of punishment. Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions, so please respect that. Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay.

• Remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale Facebook page, on Twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

• Please do not overuse gifs, large letters, memes, etc - Posts will be flagged as Spam for over using large letters.

• User Avatar Image
      Blind Sniper Moderator

Mod PSA:

As I'm sure you guys have picked up on in recent posts of ours, we're aiming to improve posting quality in multiple ways. As I'm sure you've noticed, we've added a few more rules of thumb that we are asking people to follow, as well as revising/clarifying previous rules. As we get closer to New Frontier's premiere, I just wanted to be transparent about our direction and give a heads up of where we are going - we are going to try to tackle two issues on the forums.

1. Negativity on the forums/personal attacks towards Telltale Staff members

We just want to be upfront - negative criticism is allowed on the forums, should it be expressed constructively. However, do not personally attack Telltale Staff members. Even if you do not see Telltale Staff members posting on the forums, do not personally attack staff members if you do not like how they handled something in an episode you played. Criticism of their work is okay, and you are allowed to have negative opinions - but, express your negative opinions constructively and have logic behind it. During Season 2, people made a bad habit of crapping on the writers personally because they did not like the direction Season 2 went in.

This is going to change for New Frontier.

Negative Criticism is allowed and you want to hold things/people you care about to higher standards because you care about them, but keep personal attacks towards Telltale staff out of it. If you have negative criticism, back it up with sound arguments and have a good reason for posting. We don't want a repeat of Season 2, where users perpetuate a constantly negative forum atmosphere. Don't make lazy, pandering posts that whine and bleat on about how awful and tragic it is that Jake Rodkin and Sean Vannaman are not writing Walking Dead games for Telltale anymore. Focus on having constructive discussion and criticism that is grounded on better arguments than personal attacks towards Telltale staff, or complaints about Jake and Sean being gone.

2. Posting Quality and Etiquette/Better Contributions towards the Community

During Season 2, the forums changed radically as old fans left and new fans joined at the same time. This extended to the team of active moderators, which at the time, mostly consisted of new moderators. Because our mod tools were in an earlier state, we let things slip during Season 2 that we should not have, and some parts of the forum culture during that time changed for the worse during that time. However, now that we have experience and better mod tools, we want to focus on raising the posting quality here.

You guys are obviously allowed to have fun and use gifs, pictures, videos, etc to add flavor and personality to your posts, but we don't want people to have a posting style that consistently relies on inside jokes, references to memes and YouTube channels, sarcastic insults, instigating drama with other forum users, etc.

This forum is not a middle school. It is expected and strongly preferred that Forum Users are 18 or older before posting. This applies only to a small minority of users, but I want to bring this up anyways - we want people to cut down on people posting primarily with memes/inside jokes/etc. Do not casually use insults or slurs related to sexuality, race, religion, disability, etc. For users in the Walking Dead section to be proud of how mature the series is in comparison to other series like Minecraft: Story Mode, we expect users to follow up on that with a mature posting style.

Also - having a slightly off topic conversation is fine, but don't derail threads with lots of low quality posts that consist of inside jokes. Focus first and primarily on making good contributions to the thread at hand.

This is a message board - not a chat room, so please be considerate of that.

• User Avatar Image
      Blind Sniper Moderator

For newer Telltale series starting with New Frontier, we are revising how we handle people making threads for Let's Plays, Live Streams, etc.

Rules for sharing Live Streams/Let's Play videos on the Forums

• Have prior participation in the community before posting. Users who only sign up to advertise will have their thread locked and YouTube links removed.

• Users get one collective thread to share videos for each Telltale Season/Miniseries. Each Telltale Episode is to have all videos related to it contained in one single post that can be updated with new videos, excluding special videos like reviews.

• You can revive your thread from inactivity during a new episode release one time to promote your new videos. Outside of new episode releases, bumping your thread for notable new videos (like alternate choice consequences or reviews) is also okay.

• If you have a minimum of 1,000 posts and you are making videos specifically for the forum community, this is an exception and you get to freely bump your thread with individual posts for new video uploads.
      • Stay on topic and make genuine posts - posts that just "bump" the topic so a streamer or Let's Player gets more exposure will be deleted.

• Be careful with spoilers. If video thumbnails have spoilers, use the Flag option (upper right corner of each post) to mark your own posts as Spoilers.

NOTE for YouTube/Twitch Personalities:

For self promotion, a blurb describing and linking to your channel in the main post of your thread is allowed. However, Community Members are here for discussion of the Telltale series they are playing; most of them are not interested in external channel events, promotions, etc. Making your thread (or your posts) encourage genuinely interesting discussion among users is a good way to keep your thread active in a way that follows the rules.

• You know, I'll miss all the time we spent on the other thread.

• User Avatar Image
      Blind Sniper Moderator

I honestly won't miss it that much. It had a lot of filler posts.

That being said, I guess you could call this... the 'New Frontier' of Waiting Threads. Har har har.... okay, I'll see myself out the door.

• It had a lot of filler posts.

But that's what made it such a special thread. I remember the days of talking about horribly-tasting canned whole chickens, Carlos's stupidity, shitposting and having fun overall, in fact, that's the thread that made me be a member here. Well, rest in sweet chickens old thread :(

• User Avatar Image
          Green613 BANNED

I remember the days of talking about horribly-tasting canned whole chickens, Carlos's stupidity, shitposting and having fun overall,

Tbh that sounds like every TWD waiting thread ever in existence, I don't really think that one was special :p

• horribly-tasting canned whole chickens

Sweet Sue's, that sounds familiar!

• User Avatar Image
          Blind Sniper Moderator

I remember the days of talking about horribly-tasting canned whole chickens, Carlos's stupidity, shitposting and having fun

I'm a mod, it's my (volunteer) job to hate stuff like that. :p

in fact, that's the thread that made me be a member here.

Nice to hear that. We don't want the place to be entirely devoid of fun or anything like that, but we also don't want people to treat the forums like a glorified chat room instead of, well, a forum. Lately, we've been trying see if we can improve the quality of discussions while still allowing people to have fun on the side in certain cases, without the forums completely turning into a chat room. It's still something I'm trying to take into consideration with other mods, but at the same time, that unfortunately means at times that we want to cut off things like people talking about canned chickens.

• User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator

I should probably clarify:

It's okay if there is nothing new to discuss for a while. - It's okay to pass the time and make small talk, but please try to have actual conversation based around Walking Dead. Please don't post random things just for the sake of posting.

This mainly applies to filler posts like pictures of food, posts asking why nobody is posting, etc. As long as you are otherwise making a genuine attempt at talking about Walking Dead, it's fine and we aren't going to be super strict.

• When blind sniper keeps making filler posts about filler posts.

Kidding, I know it's only best to keep us updated. But just wondering, this will be the final episode one waiting thread, correct? We won't be making another one after this? It seems like there has been like 4 already haha.

• User Avatar Image
        Blind Sniper Moderator

Well, technically this is the first - but, yes, definitely the final thread.

The Season 3 thread was more of a general waiting thread and not a Episode 1 thread. Vain had recommended I try making a Season 3 Waiting Thread back in December of 2014, and I took him up on that at the time. However, it was kinda awkward since there was lots of downtime between whenever we got news. That and the E3/PAX threads were mostly just... experimenting I guess.

For future series, Pre-Season News threads will be the norm prior to when we get a Ep 1 thread up and going. Prior to the Ep 1 Waiting Thread for a future series, either people will make their own news threads for individual updates or we will make mega threads for events like PAX, E3, etc.

Anyways, no more games of musical chairs when it comes to moving between threads. This is the final thread, promise! :)

• Has it really been 2+ years since 205? Damn... I feel old.

• If I may... Could we have merged the previous thread that was closed opposed to just closing it

• User Avatar Image
      Blind Sniper Moderator

I personally feel it's better to have a clean slate and keep things consistent with how we usually set up waiting threads.

The general Season 3 Waiting thread was the appetizer, and this thread is the main meal, so to speak.

• User Avatar Image
      InGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator

In addition to what Blind said, there was well over 157 pages and 7.2k comments dating back to August 2014, before even I had an account.

It would have been a lot of comments.

• User Avatar Image
        Blind Sniper Moderator

...and a lot of it was off topic filler (understandable since there was not a lot of news up until this February), so I didn't want people to get the impression that the Waiting threads were exactly the same thing as chat rooms.

• Oh I'd been waiting for this moment to happen since a long long time.....
    Its finally here!!!!

• User Avatar Image
    TWDazehnuu BANNED

I really hope they don't make it so that we play as Javier for the entire episode, and at the very end we meet Clem in the most dramatic way possible and the camera fades out.

• Today is a good day.

Can't wait to play the 1st episode. Meeting, and getting to know Javier more, is gonna be a treat.

• This is it guys... we're almost there :')

Add Comment