User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Saves

posted by mostlypoptarts Telltale Staff on - last edited - Viewed by 29.7K users

Thank you to all of our wonderful Players who have been so supportive and passionate about our Telltale The Walking Dead series. We're looking forward to hearing your stories about your Clementine, and for you to see how your previous season choices have influenced her!

If you already plan to have your Walking Dead Season 2 save on the same device as your copy of A New Frontier, there aren't any extra steps. You're ready to go.

MENU > CHOOSE HOW TO BEGIN > CONTINUE YOUR STORY > CHOOSE SAVE SLOT TO IMPORT

If you're one of our Players who may have changed platforms since you started playing, we have you covered. If you can't get to your save at all, or it would be a lot of work to get to it, we give you a way to recapture your play style and the experience of your first two games through our "Recreate” feature in A New Frontier. We might be a bit biased in saying this, but we think this feature is pretty fun and a great reminder of those moments that really shaped Clem in Season 1 & 2.

MENU > CHOOSE HOW TO BEGIN > CONTINUE YOUR STORY > RECREATE

Of course, if you’ve still got a Season Two save on a different device, we’ve done our best to support that too. It takes several steps, but we’ll walk you through the process. Go to telltale.com/wd2save for instructions.

WD2 MENU > SAVE FILES > UPLOAD

telltale.com/wd2save > SIGN-IN/JOIN > LINK ACCOUNT > USE SAVE

WD3 MENU > EXTRAS > IMPORT TELLTALE ACCOUNT SAVE > SIGN-IN > IMPORT

WD3 MENU > CHOOSE HOW TO BEGIN > CONTINUE YOUR STORY > IMPORT TELLTALE SAVE

Last but not least, if you can't seem to get your save to work, please let our Product Support Team know! We take your feedback seriously and we want to try to help you as best as we can.

Edit: There is now a support article featuring image tutorials for this process.

55 Comments
  • I've done everything I'm supposed to do and all I'm seeing on the wd2save part of Telltale's website is, "please wait while we get your info..." and nothing happens? Is the site down?

• This is house crap. I don't have an option on my Xbox One to upload a save. When I press import/create it can't find a valid save, even when my save is uploaded at your website.

[Mod edit: Fixed formatting]

• Ffs... I am using the exact Xbox one I played 1 and 2 on... I still have them saved yet it can't find the file?!?!?! Wtf?!

• Even though it says save completed then I go in and in says Incomplete Save, but it seems to know what my choices were so was that right or will it actually forget because it says "incomplete save"?

• "If you already plan to have your Walking Dead Season 2 save on the same device as your copy of A New Frontier, there aren't any extra steps. You're ready to go."

Unfortunately, this isn't the case, tried everything, save files are right there in their folder, game can't seem to find them. I can start a new game or recreate my steps, but can't continue with my Season 2 saves.

• For anybody wondering about the Incomplete Save thing, I want to copy and paste my response from Telltale Support on the matter. This is what I received once I confirmed some of my info with Telltale:

"Thank you for confirming this. I also see that your save is listed as incomplete on our end. Our database determines if a save is "complete" by checking if all 5 choices are listed for each episode in Season Two's My Choices menu. To check this in your game, please launch your copy of Season Two. In the Main Menu, please select My Choices.

Do you see exactly 5 choices listed for each episode here? Or, are some of the 5 choices missing in certain episodes? If you see some choices missing here, unfortunately this indicates that some of your progress was lost or corrupted. As such, this save cannot be used. I sincerely apologize for the difficulties this causes.

Possible solutions around this are to Rewind to certain chapters and replay episodes to see if this makes missing choices appear. However, this is not a guarantee if there is partial corrupted data in your save. Instead, I recommend using our in-game Story Generator for A New Frontier to recreate your backstory. This will allow you to select some of your choices and playstyle to rebuild how you played Season Two:

https://telltale.com/support/article/twd3-recreate/

I will also pass along your information to our team for further investigation to see if there are other potential solutions around this. Please let us know if you have any additional questions, and again, we apologize for the inconvenience."

• Thanks, I appreciate you posting this. I have only 4 choices showing up on episode 5. I will go back & replay that episode & see if it works.

• I wonder if we all made the same decision in Episode 2 which isn't saving correctly. If that is the case then they should be able to add that decision back into the data in cases with that one decision missing.

Otherwise, if we replay season 2 and make the same decision again then we are likely to run into the same issue and I don't really want to be changing my decisions due to a bug.

• Do you see exactly 5 choices listed for each episode here? Or, are some of the 5 choices missing in certain episodes? If you see some choices missing here, unfortunately this indicates that some of your progress was lost or corrupted. As such, this save cannot be used. I sincerely apologize for the difficulties this causes.

Possible solutions around this are to Rewind to certain chapters and replay episodes to see if this makes missing choices appear. However, this is not a guarantee if there is partial corrupted data in your save. Instead, I recommend using our in-game Story Generator for A New Frontier to recreate your backstory. This will allow you to select some of your choices and playstyle to rebuild how you played Season Two:

Just checked my Choices as Telltale Support haven't bothered getting back to me yet, I have a missing choice all the way back in Episode Freaking TWO, so I am not going all the way back there to replay everything from that point.
      Thanks a lot Telltale. You really are the greatest con artists of modern videogames. Not only do most of your choices not make any real difference in the end, but you can't even design a game well enough to be able to carry your choices over as advertised. There is no way for me tell if the change in attitude in Season 3 Clementine is cos of poor writing or my choices not being properly reflected cos of choosing to recreate the story with only a handful of choices available.
      What a clusterf**k. Really, truly unbelievable.

• Quick update. I have replayed the entire last episode & the 1st choice is the one that is glitched (save baby AJ or hide) when I finished it showed all 5 choices I had made, but when I was back on the main title screen, I checked again & the 1st choice was missing again. I am posting this so no1 else has to waste another 2hours of there lives.

• P.s. I chose to go to A.J.

• Unfortunately its probably too late, but I found a workaround for myself in the exact situation that you were in. Now I actually remember a loading problem when I went from episode 4 to 5 in my playthrough. So if you didn't I can't be sure our issues were the same. I also replayed episode 5, by rewinding to the first chapter, and when i was done it still did not show my choice of saving AJ. What worked for me was rewinding to the last chapter of episode 4 and playing through. When i got to the end it showed my choice and I am able to import to season 3. Like i said its probably too late, but if by chance its not, it might be worth a try. Or hopefully help someone looking at this thread. I assume its the same for anyone missing a choice. Start on the last chapter, of the episode before, the chapter you are experiencing issues with.

• It is fixed for Xbox now guys

• When it will be released on android?

Add Comment