User Avatar Image

The Siege of Spinner Cay - Thoughts, Hopes and Predictions (Spoliers)

posted by Toothless Gibbon on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
With ToMI Chapter 2: The Siege of Spinner Cay just round the corner (Perhaps a reasonably large corner that may take a few weeks to navigate round) - What are your thoughts? What do you hope for? What do you predict is in store for our hapless hero?

In this interview, Dan Conners (TTG CEO) gives us some interesting clues...
Well, obviously something's going on with human LeChuck. He seems to be getting along with Elaine a little bit too well. The fact that LeChuck is actually quite a nice guy apparently is going to be a big part of the next episode. At the same time the pox is continuing to affect Guybrush, so he's getting a little bit more zombie-ish. He's prone to outbreaks of getting angry and things like that. So there's going to be some character development that will be real interesting for people to see.

They're off at sea and they do a bunch of island hopping in this adventure. Going around to different islands and exploring more of the area that is the series of islands that Guybrush lives on. There's a lot on the ship, a lot with Winslow, and you get to find out who is the one that puts the sword to his throat at the end of the last episode. Much is revealed, new relationships are established and the affect of the pox starts showing itself.
What do you think about "The fact that LeChuck is actually quite a nice guy"? I love this twist but how is it going down with the "LeChuck must be really scary" crew?

I'm not sure "a bunch of island hopping in this adventure" was referring to the season or the episode, but the ideas of seeing multiple islands in one chapter would be great, if a little unrealistic?

I love the idea of a section being just on the ship, SoMI style - although in confined areas puzzles do tend to get easier.

Of course, there are multiple threads about the mystery swordswoman at the end of Ep1, but I'm excited how this will fit into the story, whoever it is.

Thoughts?
98 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Toothless Gibbon;176012 said:
    What do you think about "The fact that LeChuck is actually quite a nice guy"? I love this twist but how is it going down with the "LeChuck must be really scary" crew?
    The actual quote is "LeChuck is actually quite a nice guy apparently", so I have confidence there will be a twist at some point :)
  • Well I'm excited, especially now that this was posted.

While I hope the person with the sword is someone we already know, I don't think it will be someone we know, but a completely new character.
    But it seems as if the plot is getting darker to some degree already, with Guybrush getting more zombie-fied.
  • The island hopping sounds fun, but what I really look forward too is the actual siege of Spinner Cay. The title implies there will be a siege happening in this episode and a siege usually involves cannons and explosions and I love it when things blow up! Will it be a sea-based siege like in CoMI, along with a cannon mini-game? How will our pox-infected hero be involved in it? I can't really be sure, but I wish that episode would come out soon!
  • Or maybe the title is just a bad pun on the french word "siège", which means... chair.
    So at some point you'll have to sit down and spin around :eek:
  • Ya know, the more I think about it, the more wide-open the "mystery swordsperson" becomes. Everyone has been assuming (me included) that it is most likely a woman from one of the past games who has a huge beef with Guybrush and we seem to have mostly accepted that it is Kate Capsize. However, what if it's just some random woman from Guybrush's past that has been infected by the pox and just decides to get really angry and attack him? The pox seems to completely take over people's actions so it could be someone who Guybrush never did anything wrong to but is just going to attack him because of the pox.
  • Marzhin;176014 said:
    The actual quote is "LeChuck is actually quite a nice guy apparently", so I have confidence there will be a twist at some point :)
    Yeah, LeChuck may be acting nice, but he probably still has very sinister intentions in mind. We might not find in the next episode but I'm sure LeChuck has something terrible planned. Also remember, that this series is said to have betrayals. If Guybrush actually works with LeChuck, LeChuck may eventually reveal his true hand and betray him. I think he might use Guybrush to obtain his own ends, he has to notice by now that Guybrush is actually a pretty intelligent if not lucky guy. Why not use that to his advantage?
  • darknessofheart;176097 said:
    Yeah, LeChuck may be acting nice, but he probably still has very sinister intentions in mind. We might not find in the next episode but I'm sure LeChuck has something terrible planned. Also remember, that this series is said to have betrayals. If Guybrush actually works with LeChuck, LeChuck may eventually reveal his true hand and betray him. I think he might use Guybrush to obtain his own ends, he has to notice by now that Guybrush is actually a pretty intelligent if not lucky guy. Why not use that to his advantage?
    I don't know, I quite like the theory that the pox is everything that made Lechuck evil. Thinking of it as all the nastiness sucked out of him and infecting the Caribbean.

Either's possible really, depends where they're going with it:D

As for my hopes and predictions:

• Hoping for possible Wally return for the episode (but not banking on it)
    • Thinking the mysterious voice is Kate Capsize.
    • Maybe Stan's return?
    I'm also hoping for some epic music from Michael Land and awesome scenes as Guybrush becomes more and more zombie-fied.

That'd be cool:cool:
  • My hope is that LeChuck only seems nice for a limited time. I want the evil, sick LeChuck from MI2.
  • Could the mystery swordswoman be SMI and EMI's Carla? It's a thought...

...I really want to see interludes featuring Elaine and LeChuck in this episode, leading up to Guybrush getting aboard the ship for the finale, then Episode Three beginning with that exchange...
Add Comment