User Avatar Image

Is Telltale allowed to sell MI merchandise?

posted by Woodsyblue on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
Maybe one of the helpful Telltale forum members can help me with this one :) I was wondering if the licence to produce a new MI series Telltale acquired from LucasArts extends to letting them sell MI merchandise as well? If so, would it only count for ToMI associated merchandise like soundtracks and posters or would it extend to other entries in the series, such as a CoMI vintage Murray-the-evil-demonic-skull talking alarm clock? (A man can dream :D)

(And also, just out of curiosity, what about Wallace & Gromit merch?)

Any information to help clear up my quandary would be appreciated. Thank you for your time :)
73 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Woodsyblue;187278 said:
    such as a CoMI vintage Murray-the-evil-demonic-skull talking alarm clock?
    :eek::eek::eek: i want that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • I would imagine they only have rights to the game and if they wanted to make/sell merchandise they would have to approach LucasArts.
  • fwed1;187329 said:
    I would imagine they only have rights to the game and if they wanted to make/sell merchandise they would have to approach LucasArts.
    I believe this is pretty accurate.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    fwed1;187329 said:
    I would imagine they only have rights to the game and if they wanted to make/sell merchandise they would have to approach LucasArts.
    Correct. Merchandise is something we currently need to discuss with LucasArts. We're of course working on some proposals and nebulous ideas, but we'll see! No promises, though (besides the games themselves, obviously :) ).
  • Jake;187478 said:
    We're of course working on some proposals and nebulous ideas, but we'll see!
  • Fealiks;187489 said:
  • image < you complete me

oh, you ... :o > image

image < your smile... it's so... *leans in*

*leans in* oh, my... you're so... naughty> image

image < oh, shut up and kiss me, you fool!

mwah mwha ooh i cant reach mwahmwa mwah imageimagemwah mwahmwah mwah you're on my mwah hair wmawamwah
  • Fealiks;187505 said:
    < you complete me

oh, you ... :o >
    < your smile... it's so... *leans in*

*leans in* oh, my... you're so... naughty>
    < oh, shut up and kiss me, you fool!

mwah mwha ooh i cant reach mwahmwa mwah mwah mwahmwah mwah you're on my mwah hair wmawamwah
    Scariest. Post. Ever.
  • Jake;187478 said:
    Correct. Merchandise is something we currently need to discuss with LucasArts. We're of course working on some proposals and nebulous ideas, but we'll see! No promises, though (besides the games themselves, obviously :) ).
    So, any hints on when we could expect said Murray-the-evil-demonic-skull talking alarm clock?
    ;);) *nudge**nudge*
  • and 3-headed monkey dolls

and "i found the treasure of melee island and all i got was this lousy t-shirt" shirts

and ACTION FIGURES

and guybrush/lechuck/largo voodoo dolls

and ash-2-life steak seasoning

and red cans of grog

and breathmints

and reinforced oars

and big whoop map pieces

and skeleton arms complete with floaties and glue on their hands

and spare wooden body parts combined in a disturbing fashion

and u tubes

and dark ninja dave dolls (rare!)
Add Comment