Do you think that TellTale-like games are gonna reach the success of films, someday?
Reasons why they should have success:
- They actually involve more the player emotionally
- They have good storytelling like films do
- The player can build his own story
- Unlike films, you can watch a different story every time you play it
Reasons why they shouldn't:
- They require more attention so the player may not relax like in films
- They can't be shown in cinemas, beacause of their interactive nature
- Real life actors are still better than 3D models, however, seeing what they did with new games (like COD WWII) they could do realistic ones to replace the actors
What do you think? Tell me your reasons why they sould/shouldn't reach the success of films, or at least get close to it.
P.S: English is not my first language so if I did mistakes tell me and I'll fix 'em, trying to improve.