User Avatar Image

Help Guybrush! Vote for him on Gamespot

posted by OldSchoolC on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users
Gamespot is having a character battle over the next month or so, and right now until September 4th Guybrush is facing off against "Wander" from Shadow of the Colossus and losing! But not by much... Multiple battles are going on at once, so scroll over to find his pairing.

http://www.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-hero/vote/index.html?battle_id=9

I didn't see any other threads on this, so if I missed it, I apologize. Now go vote!

For Monkey Island!
68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • SupahFly;192926 said:
    Yeah, that is the better link. Use that one. Takes you right to the Guybrush/Wanderer vote.

At the time of posting (9:30 GMT), Guybrush is losing 44.7% to 55.3%. C'mon peeps!
  • Thanks for updating this with a better link.

Guybrush has way more video game titles than this Wanderer creep, he deserves to advance to the second round

Good news, we're catching up! Guybrush has moved up to 47.8% of the vote!
  • Voted. Guybrush must win.

Also, some of these match-ups are a bit ridiculous... Ryu vs. Abe? Master Chief vs. Bub and Bob? At least keep them in similar genres, if not the same genre.
  • They're stacking the votes, is the issue. You don't want to have too epic a pairing at the very beginning and have someone like Mario or Cloud kicked out before they have a chance. From a voter perspective, it sure looks hilarious, but it makes sense... IF a bit unfair. You can even see it in the pictures/description- Gamespot is expecting Guybrush to lose.

So I'm really hoping that doesn't happen.

I loved the Sackboy vs Bo Jackson one though, I can't even decide which to pick.
  • I wish they would cut right to the "Mario and Sonic/Ryu and Ken/etc. and etc." type match-ups, though. That way it won't fall under the curse of the top ten list where either Mario or Cloud take the top spot every single time.

"Top Ten Characters"
    1. Mario/Cloud

"Top Ten Games"
    1. Mario/FF7

"Top Ten FPS Weapons"
    1. Mario/Cloud

"Top Ten Places to Visit in Amsterdam"
    1. Mario/Cloud

Ech.
  • They really did pick a brutal pic for Guybrush, and their explanation of him was sort of weak.

Well, even if Gamespot is trying to stack the matches, lets prove them wrong. That should take a chunk out of any of the gamespot editors brackets.
  • I think the gamespot vote with guybrush and wander is biased the description is un flattering to guybrush and prases wander and most comments are ppl insulting guybrush or ppl saying they never played it it seems ppl are voteing witch game is best not the charecters
  • Mario vs Bonk. Mario and Bonk at the Olympic games. hmmmm.
    also, HE IS SILL LOSING COME ON MONKEY ISLAND TELLTALE FANS VOTE FOR HIM AND SHUT UP THE I HATE GUYBRUSH PARTY!!! GO GO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.
  • ...this reminds me why I rarely fit with the normal gaming population.

Bonk is better than Mario.
    Nights is better than modern-day Prince of Persia(and it's real close if we're talking classic)

Lara Croft better than Parappa? Lara Croft's character is "Boobs with a gun".

Abe is clearly superior to Ryu in terms of character.

Modern gamer culture sucks.
Add Comment