User Avatar Image

Elaine vs Morgan

posted by Lennie Melvin on - last edited - Viewed by 417 users
When and if they come to blows, which one would win?
And why?

My money's on Elaine - Morgan is just a wannabe pirate compared to Elaine :p
29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Lennie Melvin;201598 said:
    When and if they come to blows, which one would win?
    And why?

My money's on Elaine - Morgan is just a wannabe pirate compared to Elaine :p
    Elaine is a wannabe piret not Morgan... i mean she got caught at the beginning of the game! She is to cocky for her talent :D
  • I don't know it seems like a tough one, my bet would have to go for Elaine, I mean spending all those years on melee x amount of years fending off LeChuck, I think that it would an epic fight, but I have to go with elaine.
  • I like Elaine in the first two games, but I can't help feel that her familiarity just ruins her appeal: at first she's attractive, seductive, feisty, and always two steps ahead of everyone else (including Guybrush). In Curse she's still like this for the first few minutes, but then suddenly turns into a stereotypical damsel-in-distress who is suddenly swooning over Guybrush every second. The Escape team tried to make her more hard-to-get (which is her appeal) by having her be the "dominant" one in their relationship, but this just came off as her being a control freak who no man would stay married for for more than a few minutes (still slightly better than her Curse portrayal, though).

She's not that bad in Tales, still a step ahead of everyone but not annoying like in Escape, but I still feel she's become too familiar and boring. A governor's daughter is mysterious, unattainable, attractive because she's so out of your league, and even when you succeed she dumps you before the next game starts. But a wife is just... a wife. Morgan's line about "She never lets me do any pillaging" made me realise just how much she's holding him down, particularly in his more confident Tales persona. Morgan would be a far more interesting match.

So, the answer is: Elaine in the first two games, Morgan afterwards.
  • Morgan is better than Elaine.

Elaine is meant to be annoying in TOMI though.
  • Elaine!!!! I LOVE her voice. Definitely not american. British language at it's best. ELAINE!!!!
  • She is much more cut-throat than Elaine and a lot hotter too
  • I Vote Morgan, She is definitely an upgrade for Guybrush.
  • Personally I think Morgan's CHARACTER is cool but her voice just sounds like a college girl to me. Not pirate at all in the acting.
  • ToddD;201629 said:
    Personally I think Morgan's CHARACTER is cool but her voice just sounds like a college girl to me. Not pirate at all in the acting.
    She isn't a pirate, She specifically calls herself a "Pirate Hunter" she is kinda like a bounty hunter, only just for catching pirate scum. She's like a rookie american bounty hunter catching up with "Osama Bin Laden". She is totally in the know about the Notoriously Mighty Pirate Guybrush Threepwood.
  • Who would win in a fight? Morgan. I mean we haven't ever seen Elaine in any kind of fight at all so who knows if she is skilled in that area at all? Also, like many of the previous posts have said, Elaine really lost her edge after LeChuck's Revenge.
Add Comment