User Avatar Image

Similarity between Morgan LeFlay and Kate Capsize

posted by Lennie Melvin on - last edited - Viewed by 448 users
I'm currently replaying LeChuck's Revenge for the 15th time =]

Some of the descriptions of Kate in the game by other characters made me think of Morgan LeFlay. The bartender on Scabb said that Kate's loyality is only to the highest bidder - it just sounded so like Morgan.
Did anyone else notice the similarity? They're not the same but they have a lot of the same traits.
Do you think Telltale based Morgan off of Kate?
15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think that is rather far fetched. They are both independent women, but that is about it.
  • Lennie Melvin;205472 said:
    Some of the descriptions of Kate in the game by other characters made me think of Morgan LeFlay. The bartender on Scabb said that Kate's loyality is only to the highest bidder - it just sounded so like Morgan.
    Did anyone else notice the similarity? They're not the same but they have a lot of the same traits.
    Do you think Telltale based Morgan off of Kate?
    Her characterists are simply that of a standard mercenary, I doubt very much they needed to look at Kate for ideas.
  • They also both give out fliers
  • They were both thought to be the mystery woman at the end of Narwhal.
  • We have around 5 or 6 females in Monkey Island (Not counting the Merfolk and minor characters).
    Most of the females are strong, intelegent types - Carla, Kate, Elaine and Morgan. We barely see other types of females in these games. So it's no wonder they all look alike.
  • Spadge;205684 said:
    Most of the females are strong, intelegent types - Carla, Kate, Elaine and Morgan. We barely see other types of females in these games.
    Hey, don't forget the voiceless pirate wenches at the Scumm Bar in the first game. They're probably just typical bar floozies, so there's your antithesis to the strong women typical of Monkey Island.

By the way, does anyone else find misspelling "intelligent" ironic? :p
  • Hey, it's not my first language, I make mistakes. But, yeah, Monkey Island needs more wenches.
  • not only monkey island, not only monkey island me mate....
  • Ehh, I really don't like characters with such small roles returning. Or characters who just seemed fit to play only a role for that specific game. I mean, look at what happened when they felt obligated to bring Carla and Otis back. :I
Add Comment