User Avatar Image

Will Stan be back?

posted by TomPravetz on - last edited - Viewed by 727 users
Evidence points to 'yes'!

D’Oro (Ch 1) mentions a certain plaid jacket wearing, arm waving guy, that sold him a fake treasure map. (Stan?) This reference may be confirmed because you find a pile of “Smiling Stan’s” bombs in the jungle later on.
14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ofcourse he will be back! No question about it...
  • He has to be back in a big way. Even if it's his last time, he needs an appearance to make up for Escape From Monkey Island.
  • Secret Fawful;206377 said:
    he needs an appearance to make up for Escape From Monkey Island.
    Just like Murray did and received? :) also, ever since it was mentioned here, I want Stan to be a Lawyer, I can't see how else he'd fit in the story.
  • Mmm, those examples could be foreshadowing, could simply be self-referential humour. I would guess he will make an apperance simply because he always has. I hope they get a good voice artist. Stan's voice in the SoMI special edition sounds nothing like Stan in Curse or Escape. It's not even a bad impersonation, just a totally different take on how he sounds, not fast-talking or glib or anything.
  • MightyThirstyPirate;206384 said:
    Mmm, those examples could be foreshadowing, could simply be self-referential humour. I would guess he will make an apperance simply because he always has. I hope they get a good voice artist. Stan's voice in the SoMI special edition sounds nothing like Stan in Curse or Escape. It's not even a bad impersonation, just a totally different take on how he sounds, not fast-talking or glib or anything.
    At the time the ref was first known, I actually thought Telltale was trolling the fans. :p
  • I pray he's back. The three characters I wanted to see were Guybrush (who obviously was going to be in it), Murray (Hooray for LotL), and Stan (The next one). One can only hope.
  • So far it seems TTG just makes an impeccable job of giving everyone anything what they want. Atl it seems that way for me. Having Murray back was fantastic and I'm pretty sure we'll see Stan asw. TTG obv trying to make ToMI fit into the universe really well.
  • Trying to get everyone want they want!
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    The world needs to see more motionless jacket patterns.
  • puzzlebox;206439 said:
    The world needs to see more motionless jacket patterns.
    So true, so true.
Add Comment