User Avatar Image

Wow, I'm IMPRESSED, anyone else has a sense that Tales really are evolved

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 904 users
I'm in the middle of TOMI chapter Two, I'm a late comer.

The movements and controls from the fourth game, where they fail, this game exceedes all the expectations we had for them and every other. The new mouse move is revoultionary once you get a hold of it.

The puzzles the engine uses shows how great a Monkey Island adaptation can be even if it strays away from simple point and click. It has evolved the franchise before death no doubt.

Speaking game play, it makes the others look literally WAY flat, 1-2, it's truly evolutionary to the franchise. But the other games are at a fault of age. Regardless, it is what it is. The effects while moving, such as being on a ship in waves, is just beyond what 1-4 was able to do, even the third game with it's cinematic cartoons, this game goes even further. It takes it further than the third and the fourth game.

It's alot of the same guys working on the project including Ron Gilbert and I defintely got to say as far as modern video games go and how they have evolved this is a knock out adventure and a BOOM for the genre of adventure gaming. This is great work and in their older age, and with mucho experience I got to say that this is the most evolved and sucessfully innovative monkey Island yet from many of the original figure heads behind the franchise. Everyone else working with them, I want to thank you deeply. You all have really been a part of something AMAZING.

I absolutely love how engaging and FRESH this game is. Lucas Arts and Tales really have given us a worthy sequel to the first few games. This game has some real balls too, with its new approach.

TO be honest TTGs has exceeded my expectations and given me something that just took it all further than I had hoped for. The imagintive cinematic puzzles and atmoshperic effects bring more life and energy into the game than all previous 4 installments.

This is every bit of what a modern Monkey Island game should be and it's evolved beyond where it left off with Monkey Island 4.

Some of the puzzles are easy but there's definitely a few good ones and with every tale combined with the others, without some sort of bizarre egotism that I beat monkey island games for ages 13 and up, I got to say ,that it's just about as hard and easy as the previous installments.

It's understating the obvious, it's a modern game, and so it's all in relation that Tales is evolved, but to feel that way is to appreciate all the impressive and modern engineering and structure/ outline of these terrific tales. They deserve regonition, this is their masterpiece.

TTG and LA have really out done theirselves.:p

In short, it's what Duke Nukem 3D was to Doom 1.:cool:
24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You are Mike Stemmle and I claim my £5.
  • Better late than never: welcome to the club of TMI worshipers! ;)

You pretty much summed it up.
    And completely agree about new click&pull movement. I didn't think it's possible, but it's even better than point&click.
  • Paintbrush;207713 said:

And completely agree about new click&pull movement. I didn't think it's possible, but it's even better than point&click.
    :eek: Never!
  • People actually use click-and-pull? :eek:

Why use that clunky method when you have a perfectly smooth Keyboard+Mouse setup? I actually love the keyboard controls for Tales, it's like the best of both worlds.
  • StansCoffins;207740 said:
    People actually use click-and-pull? :eek:

Why use that clunky method when you have a perfectly smooth Keyboard+Mouse setup? I actually love the keyboard controls for Tales, it's like the best of both worlds.
    I use both methods interchangably. It's really comfortable, and accounts for my fat american desire to both obtain videogame entertainment and eat/drink at the same time.
  • Rather Dashing;207742 said:
    I use both methods interchangably. It's really comfortable, and accounts for my fat american desire to both obtain videogame entertainment and eat/drink at the same time.
    I wonder if anyone would admit to switching to click-and-pull whenever Morgan's onscreen.
  • StansCoffins;207753 said:
    I wonder if anyone would admit to switching to click-and-pull whenever Morgan's onscreen.
    Hah! ...ahhh it works on so many levels! :D
  • Hmm, I seem to recall something like this...
    doodo!;195098 said:
    I want to play a real Monkey Island game, I don't care who releases it, is this a real Monkey Island game? Does it work? Does it feel like one, is it at least acceptable?
    The Commissioner;195112 said:
    Tales of Monkey Island is excellent. I can't imagine how you can hold on until December to get them all.

You must get it. And you must love it. It is your destiny.
    I told you!!! ;)
  • StansCoffins;207740 said:
    People actually use click-and-pull? :eek:

I used in on first chapter b4 I relised you could use keybord
  • I'm replaying Launch of the Screaming Narwhal at the moment, and it's dawned on me how much Tales has evolved since. The cast of characters have become more interesting, the plot more complex, the jokes wittier, the pirates more piratey, the gameplay more refined with less tedium. I mean, it's still good, but Chapters 2 and particularly 3 are leap-years ahead. Let's just hope 4 and 5 continue this upwards trend!
Add Comment