User Avatar Image

How does Telltale come up with the Storyline?

posted by Stoney on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
Do you Gals and Guys write episode per episode, or do you already have the whole plot spanning over 6 Episodes in mind and on paper?

I still hope that all these seperate Episodes of Season 1 will be connected with eachother in one bigger plot, unfolding itself after playing one Episode after another.
17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • that would certainly be nice, but I don't think that's the case here... I think each episode is a stand alone. Some people will not buy every episode, but if it's standalone they can still enjoy it..
  • During lunchtime.

--Erwin
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    From what I understand, the overall general scope of the season, as well as the general subject matter for each episode (eg "former child stars are terrorizing the street") were sketched out before any production started, but then the actual puzzles and dialogue per episode are done one at a time as production moves on, mostly by Dave and Brendan, but team input is welcome as well.
  • Pretender;12372 said:
    that would certainly be nice, but I don't think that's the case here... I think each episode is a stand alone. Some people will not buy every episode, but if it's standalone they can still enjoy it..
    Telltale have said there will be a subplot spanning the whole season, even though each episode is standalone. Whether or not the seeds of the subplot have already been sown in Culture Shock I guess will become apparent after a few more episodes.
  • so what's the subplot in episode 1 lol.. Sam and Max and the soda poppers return??
  • Maybe the uber-plot hasn't yet really kicked off yet? Maybe something Sybill or Bocso said in passing will tie into another story strand... and yeah, maybe the Soda Poppers will make a return appearance sometime for some reason.

Most likely though, Brady Culture is part of a bigger conspiracy (given the game's closing shot of the TV talkshow)?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • I think in that CGW video interview it was mentioned that Sybil would be appearing in multiple episodes.
  • please please please i hope i wish that we don't find ourselves in a jerry springer esque talk show... oh wait.. CHAIR THROWING!... need i say more.

can we have some dead fetus' please please...
  • ShiratoriNinjaBrat;12567 said:
    please please please i hope i wish that we don't find ourselves in a jerry springer esque talk show... oh wait.. CHAIR THROWING!... need i say more.

can we have some dead fetus' please please...
    Seriously, have you been taking your pills?
  • Probably not. Fortunately he's still got his straitjacket on. ;)

--Erwin
Add Comment