User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 38.4K users
When's that scheduled for then? :D
564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Todesreiter;242240 said:
    So i Hope LA will make a non-episodic new MI Game
    with Bill tiller vor the graphics and ron Gilbert to Tell His
    Story After MI2 and perhaps Full the Part between EMI
    and ToMI... also i hope telltale will make ToMI Season 2
    almost near in the future!!!
    Ron Gilbert's planned story might not fit in with the canon, though, so I think it would be best that his 'Monkey Island 3a' isn't considered canon.
  • StonkBad;242247 said:
    Ron Gilbert's planned story might not fit in with the canon, though, so I think it would be best that his 'Monkey Island 3a' isn't considered canon.
    I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense, at all. Ron Gilberts monkey island game isn't considered canon that really needs to elaborated.

I mean honestly that is his story and his characters, so it would have to be canon.

The story will probably acknowledge the previous stories but as little hints here and there.
  • Sorry guys but Tales is NOT MI-5 and it was confirmed in the press release prior to releasing the 1st Chapter when the series was anounced. Telltales said that this is NOT MI-5 so all please stop referring to it like that. Tales are events which happened after the hypothetical MI-5. Tales is not even MI-6. So you mean that Terminator Series, The chronicles of Sarah Connor are Terminator 5? Hmmm... Interesting. Just accept it as an addition to the franchise and accept it as not being MI-5 because when Ron Gilbert and Lucasarts makes MI-5 you will be more confused.
  • TTG was pretty successful with character development if you ask me, plot was fine too.

What I wonder is, can TTG go ahead with Morgan, keeping the Monkey island atmosphere and create a game in her name.
    Would they have to pay loyalty to Lucas for that and would fans support it.

I love MI, it is my all time favorite game (really).
    But i am not sure how much I would enjoy an other run of MI in near future.

I am afraid Elain, Guybruse feetgood(new one?), and Lechuck love triangle is getting old.

I would go(probably so will ttg) with Morgan series instead of MI6,MI5(Please dont hurt me...) or TOMI2 BUT it has some risks.
  • didn't LucasArts recently say their planning on revealing the secret very soon in saying they want to reveal the MI secret that only Ron Gilbert knows about. They could be doing a MI 5 or 6 sometime in 2010 alongside the MI 2 special edition as well.
  • considering the way that TOMI ended I think it safe to say that Telltale really want to make a second season of Tales, though when it will be released is another matter. Also if it was MI5/Mi6 it would be labelled as such
  • Masta23;242336 said:
    Also if it was MI5/Mi6 it would be labelled as such
    By this logic CMI is not MI3 nor is EFMI MI4...which is a bit silly. This isn't Grand Theft Auto or Resident Evil we're talking about where only every 100th game gets to be considered "the next part". :D

And I hadn't heard that LA was going to reveal the "secret". As far as I know Gilbert never even revealed it to them, so how could they reveal it to us? Do you have a source? (Not saying you're wrong, just haven't heard of it...;))
  • dthoupis;242321 said:
    Sorry guys but Tales is NOT MI-5 and it was confirmed in the press release prior to releasing the 1st Chapter when the series was anounced. Telltales said that this is NOT MI-5 so all please stop referring to it like that. Tales are events which happened after the hypothetical MI-5. Tales is not even MI-6. So you mean that Terminator Series, The chronicles of Sarah Connor are Terminator 5? Hmmm... Interesting. Just accept it as an addition to the franchise and accept it as not being MI-5 because when Ron Gilbert and Lucasarts makes MI-5 you will be more confused.
    No. Just no. The Terminator comparison doesn't even work here. Tales has not been called a side-story by any official source, nor does it contradict the rest of the canon like Sarah Connor Chronicles (nor is it an abomination), not to mention that Ron Gilbert himself had a hand in it (and by that logic, you might say that it has even more right to be part of the main storyline canon than Curse or Escape). Telltale was joking when they said that it took place after the hypothetical MI5, and have said as much, and the rest is just speculation on your part.
  • User Avatar Image
    =P!
    did anyone happen to notice that throughout the WHOLE ToMI series that it didn't include even ONE mention of monkey island???? yes i think that once tell tale has noticed this themselves there WILL be another series which will include MONKEY ISLAND!!! i rest my case . . . . .
Add Comment