User Avatar Image

Maniac Mansion 3D remake almost done!

posted by octochan on - last edited - Viewed by 6.4K users
Did anybody else here know about this? I's a fan remake from a German developer, and they're scheduled to release it in German and English early next year.

Maniac Mansion 3D
131 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Good News:

There is an English Version of the Demo in the Making. Hopefully we can make the Translation in Time to Publish, both versions the same day.
  • Hi there,

here is a Video with our first test off ingame Voices for our Maniac Mansion Remake.
    Daves Voice will Probably stay the same, while the other may change in the future.
    Its the German voice Version, but u can see MM the first tim with Voices ever, even if u dont understand them! So its an Worl Premiere :D
    Hope u like it, and Please leave your opinion. Only with your feedback the game can get better and better ;)
    And if youre wanna Speak one of the English Roles, just Record them as Wav or MP3 ( pleas the same scene as in the video ) and post a linke here ore send me an PM.
    Regard Ernie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy6Me47OBS0

and Here is the Teaser Poster for the Demo:

• Here is a link to a Video with new ingame Footage.
    I Turned the light in the Living Room on and off to show the lights, when the power is off.
    Theres dry leaf, flying around and al lot of new things, like the Right mousebutten, wich now automaticly chooses verbs like "open" when you move over a door.
    Regards Ernie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9xCUFM38q0
  • Ernie76;257915 said:
    Here is a link to a Video with new ingame Footage.
    I Turned the light in the Living Room on and off to show the lights, when the power is off.
    Theres dry leaf, flying around and al lot of new things, like the Right mousebutten, wich now automaticly chooses verbs like "open" when you move over a door.
    Regards Ernie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9xCUFM38q0
    Man. While I find your texturing to be amateur (sorry), your lighting and gameplay mechanics blow the original out of the water. I love little things like how you select characters outside the mansion. That's very, very cool.
  • Forward moonwalking! :D

Also, the walking speed needs to be a bit faster. I think maybe the same speed as Zak McKracken (and the original MM, if that had the same speed).

You know, I really needs to sit down and play the game properly some day. Only ever tried 10 minutes or so of it.

Anyway, great work. It looks good, and I'll be happy to play it.

Btw, why is it always so that game makers (wether it being a hobby or professionals) write the game in a language that most people don't talk? Why not just start with English, since that will give the game a bigger audience from the start? Why not translate it into different languages afterwards, if there's an interest for it? I will have no chance of playing this until an english version comes out, so until then, it's useless. And who knows, I might have forgotten all about it till then, as translation almost never seems to be completed.
  • StarEye;257946 said:
    Forward moonwalking! :D

oBtw, why is it always so that game makers (wether it being a hobby or professionals) write the game in a language that most people don't talk? Why not just start with English, since that will give the game a bigger audience from the start? Why not translate it into different languages afterwards, if there's an interest for it? I will have no chance of playing this until an english version comes out, so until then, it's useless. And who knows, I might have forgotten all about it till then, as translation almost never seems to be completed.
    Who ever says that this game isent in English? I choosed German for the Video, but u can choose english too ;) , so u dont have to wait !
  • After watching the youtube videos, I would say this remake is visually comparable to adventure games that were made a decade ago, and I mean that as a compliment. Considering this is fan-made material (and free to play), this looks very good.

You might consider increasing the dialogue audio or decreasing the music/background noise because it seems like it could be difficult to hear what's being said (I don't speak German, so I'm not entirely sure). But I do enjoy the atmosphere you've achieved through the lighting, sounds, and other elements. I think it's pretty cool! Thanks for remaking a LucasArts classic! I'll be looking forward to an English release.
  • You oughta get in contact with Lucas Arts and offer the game to them. Honestly the game background looks good, but somehow i feel the characters need more polishing. This is a game i would be willing to pay, but knowing its fan made makes me think that most probably the voice acting will be extremely bad and the sound will be so bad. I believe that Lucas Arts holds the missing tool and would be interested in working with it and you could gain some profit off it.

Note: Haven't played the demo
  • Maniac Mansion Deluxe is a fan remake and it's already completed. I've played it:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=401

Here's a video of it (I played it in English, but the only good video I found on Youtube was not) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9RGhJAO-x4
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Still looks promising :-)
    I would love to see the Videos recorded and uploaded in a better resolution. I would try 960x720.
Add Comment