User Avatar Image

Vote for Tales for 2009 Nintendo Power

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 696 users
Nintendo Powers polls have opened and Tales has been nominated for a few awards.
I forget all of the awards, but I remembered that tales was nominated for best wiiware game(as a whole, not each individual episode) and best newcomer(morgan leflay) and at least one more(maybe) so vote now
http://www.nintendopower.com/ You have to scroll down a little bit to find where to vote, I coulden't give you the exact link because I already voted and am not allowed to head back to that page incase I might vote again.
45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • avistew;249730 said:
    Interesting.
    What they call "action/adventure" (Zelda, etc) I've always just called "adventure" (I don't see how action can be considered NOT to be a part of adventure, anyways. When have you ever had an adventure where nothing happened?).

And what they call "adventure" (the type where you combine objects, etc) I've always called "point and click adventure" (or more often just "point and click", so it wouldn't be confused with "adventure" games).
    I'm the same. I grew up with Zelda, not even noing Point& click games existed until playing Curse at the age of 9. So Zelda was (and still is) an adventure game to me, by force of habit.
  • PecanBlue;249736 said:
    Well, I really wanted to mention Tales for anything really, (I voted for Morgan but that doesn't count) so instead of giving Spirit Tracks the adventure vote, I gave it the Game of the Year vote and gave Tales the adventure vote.

There was no way I was going to miss out on giving Cave Story the love it deserves, though, so it got the Wiiware vote. (Tales was kind of a poor Wiiware port anyway)

EDIT: Also, I consider Zelda action/adventure, but I consider it to be more heavy on the adventure prospect. You spend more time exploring, roaming and solving puzzles than you do fighting enemies, which serve more as a hindrance. Except for bosses and mini-bosses, which most often are even puzzles themselves.
    and for that bolded part of the quote I will go through my classsic rant on how THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE WIIWARE PORT:mad: I found the wiiware version way better than the PC version, I played the free narwhal telltale gave away on the pirate day and it was terrible, game kept crashing, cutscenes were slow and out of synch(ironicly all of the complaints the wiiware people get) and I know now that it isn't my crappy computer, because I got a brand new ultra awesome laptop and it jammed up and everything. Yet again i feel like I am the only one who thinks the pc version was a lousy version while the wiiware version still stands strong
  • Gman5852;249874 said:
    and for that bolded part of the quote I will go through my classsic rant on how THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE WIIWARE PORT:mad: I found the wiiware version way better than the PC version, I played the free narwhal telltale gave away on the pirate day and it was terrible, game kept crashing, cutscenes were slow and out of synch(ironicly all of the complaints the wiiware people get) and I know now that it isn't my crappy computer, because I got a brand new ultra awesome laptop and it jammed up and everything. Yet again i feel like I am the only one who thinks the pc version was a lousy version while the wiiware version still stands strong
    Maybe you downloaded a corrupted version, or it was conflicting with your antivirus or something. Maybe you had the graphics set too high (try it on 1 and see what happens). The vast majority of PC owners suffered no problems.

I own the first two chapters on Wii, and all on PC, and i have to say, the wii version is inferior, but an adequate substitute if you can't get the PC version. The game caused my whole system (on wii) to crash on average 3 times per chapter, the textures are blurry (although i didn't overly notice it until playing the PC version), and the voices seem more compressed. Also, the load times were 6 times as long, and more frequent. But hey, it's monkey island, i can put up with a few bugs.
  • My friend pretty much has to play it on the Wii because of her very crappy video card and I've gone to her house to play it with her. Even she can't stand all the bugs and constant crashing. The graphical lags and poor sound quality keep us from enjoying the game properly, also. And what is with the characters spontaneously going into a quick running/walking animation when they're done with a piece of dialogue? :|

Yes the Wii version is good for people like my friend who have NO CHOICE, but overall it is still a very poor port, I'm sorry to say.
  • PecanBlue;249904 said:
    My friend pretty much has to play it on the Wii because of her very crappy video card and I've gone to her house to play it with her. Even she can't stand all the bugs and constant crashing. The graphical lags and poor sound quality keep us from enjoying the game properly, also. And what is with the characters spontaneously going into a quick running/walking animation when they're done with a piece of dialogue? :|

Yes the Wii version is good for people like my friend who have NO CHOICE, but overall it is still a very poor port, I'm sorry to say.
    Yes, as an alternative, it's better than nothing, but a port to a more powerful console/one with a bigger file size limit would have been far better.
  • Has anyone ever played the Sam & Max games released as console games for the Wii? What was the quality like? I ask because maybe it's just porting the game specifically as a Wiiware title that causes all the problems.
  • PecanBlue;249736 said:
    There was no way I was going to miss out on giving Cave Story the love it deserves, though, so it got the Wiiware vote.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't remember the Wiiware port of Cave Story ever being released. :confused:
  • PecanBlue;249943 said:
    Has anyone ever played the Sam & Max games released as console games for the Wii? What was the quality like? I ask because maybe it's just porting the game specifically as a Wiiware title that causes all the problems.
    I have Season one on Wii, and Season 2 on PC. The wii version featured low res textures, bad audio quality, a few bugs, and an annoying habit of cutting off the last word of some sentences, or stopping part way through some words (about 5-6 times an episode, not necessarily the same line twice).

Thinking about it, in ways, Tales would be a better port, if it wasn't for the too frequent game crashes, than Sam&Max Wii. At least the audio was consistent.

Given that was their first wii title/port, thats kind of to be expected. But i have no doubt that the 40MB size limit on wiiware downloads is the reason for the low res textures, extra loading times and worse audio quality on tales. That doesn't explain the the induced wii-jamming/crashes though.
  • Jade Zealot;250129 said:
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't remember the Wiiware port of Cave Story ever being released. :confused:
    It still hasn't been released? I thought it was just delayed in europe. Ah well.
Add Comment