User Avatar Image

Title of the next MI game

posted by Otis on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
Does it HAVE to be Tales of Monkey Island season 2? Im ok with it if the next is TMI 2, but I would love to see for example some of these other alternatives that came in mind.

How about?

- Return to Monkey Island

- The End of Monkey Island

- Monkey Island 6: Return of LeChuck

- Monkey Island: Story of Voodoo Lady

Share your thoughts on this.
133 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Otis;251805 said:
    - The End of Monkey Island
    What would give you such a terrifying idea?
  • GuruGuru214;251807 said:
    What would give you such a terrifying idea?
    That wasnt my idea :) I saw a thread on that subject so i just threw that in there. And even that title doesnt necessarily have to mean the end of the series nor the end of the island called Monkey Island :) Right?
  • Otis;251810 said:
    That wasnt my idea :) I saw a thread on that subject so i just threw that in there. And even that title doesnt necessarily have to mean the end of the series nor the end of the island called Monkey Island :) Right?
    Well, when you put it that way, Escape marked the end of anything that made Monkey Island worth visiting.
  • Tales of Morgan Leflay
  • GuruGuru214;251811 said:
    Well, when you put it that way, Escape marked the end of anything that made Monkey Island worth visiting.
    This is such a great comment to answer to this.
    adventureaddict;251479 said:

And saying that the island is empty/overdone/whatever is pointless. It's Monkey Island. ANYTHING is possible.

But you still havent said what title would you prefer.
  • On the one hand, I see your point. On the other, the giant monkey head is gone. If the team that does the next game decides to include the island, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I also wouldn't encourage them to do so. But I digress.

I think the best name I've heard so far was "Legends of Monkey Island" or something like that. No ideas of my own, though.
  • I hope they do change the title personally. It depends on a lot of things, though.

The tradition of Monkey Island is to have very different games (including title) each instalment. Telltale's tradition is to have nearly identical games (apart from story and setting) each instalment.

In my opinion, one of the main deciding factors is the overall appearance of the game. If the next game looks very similar to the first, then it would seem okay to call it Tales of Monkey Island 2 (not "season" two, because they're chapters rather than episodes - maybe "volume" two?). If it looks very different, then it would seem more acceptable to change the name completely.
  • "The Guybrush Chronicles". Because there's 'chronicles' everywhere nowadays.
  • Return of Jaques the monkey (oh, and Guybrush too). :p
Add Comment