User Avatar Image

SAm & Max Hit the Road: Special Edition?

posted by DJ Teh Cheat on - last edited - Viewed by 447 users
I'm sure this has been asked a few/couple of times, but do you think LucasArts/Telltale will make a Sam & Max Hit the Road: Special Edition? The original game is considered a classic adventure game, so why haven't they made one yet?

And yes, I am aware that LucasArts doesn't own the Sam & Max franchise anymore, but maybe they can team up with Telltale like they did with Tales of Monkey Island (they did, right?) or maybe they can own the licence for just a little bit.

Any thoughts (besides the fact I've probably answered my own question)?
26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think this question has been answered several times by annoyed fans/TTG Employees.
  • I think it's a possibility..Monkey Island:SE was extremely successful.. LucasArts didn't release sam & max to Steam. Sam & Max is the other old lucasarts franchise running. Why wouldn't you release a special edition? It would be great on the iPhone as well.
  • Sam and Max already had voices, so the changes would be purely graphical. I'm not sure how many people would re-buy it when it probably would be very different in the end.
  • I would re-buy it probably, though you are right that since the game already had voice-overs that the graphics wont effect the game as much.
  • Perhaps LA is planning on releasing MI2:SE and S&M:SE soon? I would so buy both of them.
  • avistew;256858 said:
    Sam and Max already had voices, so the changes would be purely graphical. I'm not sure how many people would re-buy it when it probably would be very different in the end.
    Well it's not available anywhere in America. It would make sense to release it. Also I think if Monkey Island sold well on the iPhone, Sam & Max:Hit the Road could do just as well. It's a classic.
  • Hero1;256897 said:
    Well it's not available anywhere in America. It would make sense to release it. Also I think if Monkey Island sold well on the iPhone, Sam & Max:Hit the Road could do just as well. It's a classic.
    Agreed completely! :D

    I was a wee bit young when it originally came out and didn't get into the franchise until "Ice Station Santa" was first released so I kinda missed out...
  • I played Hit the Road when I was 13. It left a lasting impression on me... that's why I hang around here all these years later. I think it shaped my sense of humor. Just one of those experiences. I don't remember ever laughing so much at a game as when I first played Hit the Road.
  • I dont think a special edition of hit the road would work. You can't improve on perfect, It's graphics are good and cartoony, and the voice acting is funny.

    MI2:SE would work though, as Guybrushes beard would be more visible and Largo would have a voice (which I have heard none)
  • Remolay;257987 said:
    I dont think a special edition of hit the road would work. You can't improve on perfect, It's graphics are good and cartoony, and the voice acting is funny.

    MI2:SE would work though, as Guybrushes beard would be more visible and Largo would have a voice (which I have heard none)
    I wouldn't call hit the road perfect, you could scrub up the pixels and give it a cleaner look and still keep it in the same style.
Add Comment