The DVD: how does it work?

I bought all the 5 episodes of Tales from your website in July, just before their release. They I was getting them for download upon release. I have a question (actually 2 questions) about the process that I sent to your support and never got an answer back.

Here is my 1st question:

1) Is there any way to get the whole game sewn together instead of downloading it episode by episode, installing episode by episode and playing with interruptions? I heard somewhere that yes, but you would need a DVD for that since the full game is only available on the DVD, which is understandable.

Therefore, my 2nd question:

2) How do I get the DVD if I already purchased your season by chunks before? Am I supposed to pay for the full thing again? How do I pay "the cost of shipping" now?

Please answer soon, thou I'm still unsure whether I'm writing this in the correct thread. Thanks anyway!

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited January 2010
    To answer your first question, there isn't a way at this time and I'm pretty sure that the DVD won't offer that option either (even though I'm not with Telltale, it has been mentioned in several other threads that to make the game "whole" would require quite a bit of additional programming).
    As for your second question, click here.
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks.

Any idea how much will be the Collector's edition?
  • edited January 2010
    Uzrname wrote: »
    Thanks.

Any idea how much will be the Collector's edition?

Since you own all the episodes already, you only need to pay shipping for the DVD once it comes out. As far as the collector's edition slipcover, that was a bonus reserved for those that pre-ordered the entire series.
  • edited January 2010
    jweir wrote: »
    Since you own all the episodes already, you only need to pay shipping for the DVD once it comes out. As far as the collector's edition slipcover, that was a bonus reserved for those that pre-ordered the entire series.

That's what I did back in June.
    But I'd like to know what's included in it?
  • edited January 2010

I believe its the same dvd, just with a one of a kind cover hand drawn by Steve Purcell.
    edited January 2010

Besides the games themselves, only Telltale really knows.
    If previous releases are anything to go by, we might get bloopers, audio commentaries, concept art, designer notes, shorts,...
  • edited January 2010
    There hasn't been a feature list done up for the DVD yet. Considering it's still in production, I would say that any internal list is subject to change as well.
  • edited January 2010
    Ok, so it can be pretty much anything you get just for the price of shipping only cuz you pre-ordered the entire season? Or might the price actually change?
  • edited January 2010
    Ok, so it can be pretty much anything you get just for the price of shipping only cuz you pre-ordered the entire season? Or might the price actually change?

No, you won't need to pay anything more than shipping. Essentially, when you buy a season from Telltale, you are paying for the disc version and downloads in the meantime as they are ready. You then need to pay the shipping for them to actually get it to you when the disc is ready, otherwise they'd be losing a lot of money in shipping charges. While they are great folks, they are still trying to make a profit with what they do.
  • edited January 2010
    No, you won't need to pay anything more than shipping. Essentially, when you buy a season from Telltale, you are paying for the disc version and downloads in the meantime as they are ready. You then need to pay the shipping for them to actually get it to you when the disc is ready, otherwise they'd be losing a lot of money in shipping charges. While they are great folks, they are still trying to make a profit with what they do.
    I understand that and thanks for explaining, but my question was about the Collector's edition. So far from what I understand if I pre-ordered the series before I can get the Collector's edition DVD. It was said here it will include the poster and some other cool stuff. You explain to me that just like the regular DVD, the collector's edition will only cost shipping fees but to those who pre-ordered the season. Do I get this right?

Sorry for being annoying I just really want to know.
  • edited January 2010
    I understand that and thanks for explaining, but my question was about the Collector's edition. So far from what I understand if I pre-ordered the series before I can get the Collector's edition DVD. It was said here it will include the poster and some other cool stuff. You explain to me that just like the regular DVD, the collector's edition will only cost shipping fees but to those who pre-ordered the season. Do I get this right?

Sorry for being annoying I just really want to know.

There was no poster promised, only a slipcover (think thin cardboard wraparound like you see on movies in stores) with limited edition artwork on it that only those who pre-ordered will receive. In essence, it really adds so little weight that it doesn't change the shipping price.
    edited January 2010
    You are correct.
    If you pre-ordered the game, you will get the Collector's edition of the DVD (which is exactly the same as the regular DVD, but with an additional Steve Purcell-designed slipcase) for just the cost of shipping.
  • edited January 2010
    There was no poster promised, only a slipcover (think thin cardboard wraparound like you see on movies in stores) with limited edition artwork on it that only those who pre-ordered will receive. In essence, it really adds so little weight that it doesn't change the shipping price.

http://www.mixnmojo.com/galleries/488/full20091005230147.jpg
    This one, correct?

Well, thank you.
    No more questions here then =)
This discussion has been closed.