User Avatar Image

Would a point and click calvin and hobbes game work?

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Now I figure there is alot of calvin and hobbes fans on here..So I will ask this. Do u think a point and click video game based on the comic book would work? I know it would never happen because Bill watterson is too strict about the rights on the characters.

But I think a point and click calvin and hobbes game could work, because the universe of it could work well. So what do u think?
25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Seeing as the author stopped making the comic because people kept wanting to commercialize it.......no.
  • Seems to me like it would be a lot like Sam & Max, just slightly different attitudes.

How about a Dilbert point-and-click adventure? Scott Adams just loves commercialization! On the other hand, it might be maddening to play an adventure game where nothing ever gets accomplished.
  • I would pay an absurd amount of money to play a Calvin and Hobbes adventure game by Telltale Games, but like Secret Fawful pointed out, there's no way Bill Watterson would go for it.
  • Bill Watterson would never agree for Telltale to make a video game out of Calvin and Hobbes. Mainly because he loathes commercialization, but also because the hype has died down. It's like saying Telltale should create a M*A*S*H* series, when nobody's talking about it anymore. Except for me. I'd definetely buy M*A*S*H from Telltale. Or almost anything that isn' on Adult Swim, Showtime or HBO....
  • Well, the OP does say that it's a theorical question. It won't happen, we all know what, but would it work?

Personally I can't see why not. Calvin has enough imagination, it definitely wouldn't be out of character for him.
  • Meh it would probably end up like the strongbad games. A good idea but just not that great...
  • Would it be cool? Absolutely!

Would it be the right thing to do? Absolutely NOT!

Calvin and Hobbes should be left alone.
  • A game about John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes? Nah. I'm not much into educational games.
  • tredlow;260414 said:
    A game about John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes? Nah. I'm not much into educational games.
    You know, for years I didn't give Calvin and Hobbes a try because I thought "Meh, how interesting can a comic about philosophers be?".
    Nowadays I'd think it /could/ be pretty nice, but I was a kid at the time so it sounded boring more than anything.
  • avistew;260416 said:
    You know, for years I didn't give Calvin and Hobbes a try because I thought "Meh, how interesting can a comic about philosophers be?".
    Nowadays I'd think it /could/ be pretty nice, but I was a kid at the time so it sounded boring more than anything.
    That means you're getting old. OOOOLLD!!! Haha.
Add Comment