User Avatar Image

Bone Director's Cut discussion

posted by Udvarnoky on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users
Ha, wow, that new introductory scene will cut out some of the exposition from the later books. So what do you guys think of the updated Bone games? I'd love to hear how fellow Bone fans think it improves/ruins everything! :)
29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Downloading now... the release seemed kind of under-the-radar; didn't notice it until you mentioned it.
  • What? It's up? Gah, I'll download it tomorrow.

And where's th' Moje news update, Udvarnoky? Ya slacker!
  • Oh yeah baby! It's out!!
  • numble;14793 said:
    Downloading now... the release seemed kind of under-the-radar; didn't notice it until you mentioned it.
    Yeah, well... timing's a bitch. We'll be making a bigger announcement, but Sam & Max ep2 is being announced today also and we didn't want the news to get swallowed up by that.
  • Hi Emily,

Does the Bone Download Bundle include the game on CD with extras, etc. or is that only available with the 'deluxe' versions of the games? Also, are the deluxe versions the same as the new 'Director's Cut' versions?
  • The download bundle is downloads only. It doesn't include the CDs.

The CD versions will have the director's cut games on them, yes. The CDs are backordered until mid-January (we have to make them first!)... you can order them now but they won't ship until then. We are going to hold off on offering a CD bundle until we get closer to a CD release date.
  • Got it! Thank you very much.
  • Udvarnoky;14786 said:
    I'd love to hear how fellow Bone fans think it improves/ruins everything! :)
    Well, I've only read OFB, and played OFB and GCR - and I really appreciate the new opening scene. It gives the story a sense of scope right from the outset.

And also lends some extra intrigue as to why Phoney is being targeted, as one expects the hero to be Fone.
  • I like the scene. One of the charms of the comic though was that it just kind of threw you into this seemingly simplistic story which gradually became unexpectedly deeper as the books go on. Now it's epic and intimidating right off the bat. It's healthy though that Telltale isn't sticking religiously to the comics (especially when they've got Jeff Smith as a resource). I can see how the cutscene helps because in the middle of the comics there's a somewhat jarring amount of explaining and backstory that would probably be even more jarring in game form, so it's probably good to get some of that out the way. Kinda wish it hadn't been narrated though.
  • Now I'm confused. If I've already downloaded the new Bone versions (with various resolution options) which came out around the release of Sam & Max - these are different again?
Add Comment