User Avatar Image

episode continuity on TOMI DVD

posted by jhuddy on - last edited - Viewed by 408 users
Will the DVD just continue from chapter to chapter. or will you have to manually choose the episode you want to play?
26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I seem to recall the answer being the latter... someone else will have to confirm this/give source.
  • Yes. I think so. That is only one reason why I am against episodic gaming.
  • doodinthemood;270572 said:
    I seem to recall the answer being the latter... someone else will have to confirm this/give source.
    Aw, I hope not. Getting kicked back out to the menu screen 4 times throughout the game would be kind of annoying. Fade-outs would be better.
  • Fealiks;270627 said:
    Aw, I hope not. Getting kicked back out to the menu screen 4 times throughout the game would be kind of annoying. Fade-outs would be better.
    There are fadeouts at the end of the chapter. And each episode is really long, you won't be able to finish the game in one sitting. Most people will have a break between episodes anyway, so it will work well.
  • Fury;270705 said:
    There are fadeouts at the end of the chapter. And each episode is really long, you won't be able to finish the game in one sitting. Most people will have a break between episodes anyway, so it will work well.
    Yeah, I'm not saying I'm gonna play it in one sitting, but I'll probably spill over multiple chapters.

I'm just being picky :p
  • It's not the same thing without the cliffhangers... ; D
  • Yeah, maybe the respective story-arcs will justify that sort of launcher. Didn't really think of that :)
  • Restructuring the game to run continuously is a lot more work than it at first seems.
  • nikasaur;270766 said:
    Restructuring the game to run continuously is a lot more work than it at first seems.
    I assume you are sworn to secrecy on telling us how it's going to work? OR maybe you have to use spoiler tags?
  • Fealiks;270711 said:
    Yeah, I'm not saying I'm gonna play it in one sitting, but I'll probably spill over multiple chapters.

I'm just being picky :p
    I wouldn't mind, if i didn't have to look at the same credits after each chapter. I've seen them countless times already!
Add Comment