User Avatar Image

Which plush should I make?

posted by Avistew on - last edited - Viewed by 9.2K users
The preorderers among you might be aware of the fact that I made Sam and Max plushes. I shared pictures there as a preordering bonus thing. I'll add them here after the Devil's Playhouse is out.

Now I want (no, I need) to work on other characters. But I've decided I can't knit every single character of every series so I'm going to go with other series for now.
So I'm asking you: which character do you think is iconic of telltale games (by which I mean, not someone we see for 3 seconds in one episode) and would make a good plush? (looking humanoid would be a great help).

I'm thinking of starting with the main characters of each game, and then moving to telltale-exclusive characters if any. But really, my point is which should I work on next? I have no clue.

Telltale team, you're encouraged to share your opinion too, by the way. Any character apart from Sam&Max (the OP retains all discretion not to follow advice given in this thread).

Oh, and before anyone asks, all these plushes already have owners (yes, even those that haven't been made yet). And I'm only making one of each (most of the fun is in figuring out how to make them, it would feel boring making the same one a second time). So I'm not making one for you. But you'll get to see pictures.
626 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay, as promised, and although nobody is likely to care since I bet you're all busy downloading, I'm adding the Sam&Max pictures, all together in a single post for the first time! (previously seen in the preorder forums where they can still be found in between unrelated posts):

• D'awww! Those Sam and Maxes look so cute!

Also that cat is SUPER realistic. How the hell did you knit it?! It's crazy. Oh, wait... I didn't read your post properly. Never mind.

(Sorry about that, I'm running for Most Obvious Bad Joke Award 2010. Fingers crossed!)
  • Thats really good. I especially like Sam. Not that Max isn't just as good (don't kill me!)
  • I demand a Kauff von Diefendorf plushie and a Gustav von Schneider plushie!
  • Still working on the rocket. After a few failed tries I managed to get a cone. Then I realised the rocket looked like something it probably shouldn't look like so I'm going to work on it some more to make it better.

I have some questions about the narwhal:

a) should the narwhal be screaming, or happy? Don't tell me "both", it's going to be hard enough to make it one of the two xD ("Neither" is a perfect I-will-love-you-forever answer though)

b) I don't have to make it look like Majus's narwhal, right? It can look like an actual narwhal instead? I'm mostly thinking of the :3. I have no clue how I could knit that, although I guess I could try.

I'll use your answers in making it when I'm done with the rocket.
  • I finished the rocket. It was less straightforward than I though, and I had to do all but the main piece a couple of times before I got them right, but considering the lack of details and small number of parts it was still rather simple.

[CENTER]
    image[/CENTER]
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    avistew;289164 said:
    After a few failed tries I managed to get a cone. Then I realised the rocket looked like something it probably shouldn't look like so I'm going to work on it some more to make it better.
    Haha... oh dear. Now I'll never be quite able to look at the finished product with a straight face. :p
  • Why does Avistew find it necessary to measure her giant red penis?
  • Rather Dashing;289458 said:
    Why does Avistew find it necessary to measure her giant red penis?
    You should have seen it before!
    I thought adding fire would help. Surely nobody would think it's a penis if it's on fire, right? Plus I changed the top and I added the small red part at the bottom. It looks more like a rocket this way.

Meh, I'm sure it will look better when there is a screaming (or otherwise) narwhal strapped to it.

EDIT: wait! When I quoted it, it wasn't saying that!

I put the measuring tape so you'd have an idea how big it was. When I quoted you I could have sworn you were saying "Why did Avistew knit a giant red penis?"...
  • avistew;289463 said:
    You should have seen it before!
    I thought adding fire would help. Surely nobody would think it's a penis if it's on fire, right? Plus I changed the top and I added the small red part at the bottom. It looks more like a rocket this way.
    It just looks like something is coming out the wrong end to me, like someone messed up the directions and put something on the base rather than the tip. :D

...actually, it doesn't look that bad. Thing is, though, I came in here and saw the picture before reading the post above it, and thought "RED KNITTED PENIS", followed by a few seconds of wondering what it really was before it clicked.
    Meh, I'm sure it will look better when there is a screaming (or otherwise) narwhal strapped to it.
    Or otherwise? Like a Moaning Narwhal?
    [EDIT: wait! When I quoted it, it wasn't saying that!

I put the measuring tape so you'd have an idea how big it was. When I quoted you I could have sworn you were saying "Why did Avistew knit a giant red penis?"...
    It was a really quick edit. If it's in your post, my edit did get through before you clicked "Quote", but after you read it. I thought that way of saying it would be funnier. :D
Add Comment