User Avatar Image

Which plush should I make?

posted by Avistew on - last edited - Viewed by 11.7K users
The preorderers among you might be aware of the fact that I made Sam and Max plushes. I shared pictures there as a preordering bonus thing. I'll add them here after the Devil's Playhouse is out.

Now I want (no, I need) to work on other characters. But I've decided I can't knit every single character of every series so I'm going to go with other series for now.
So I'm asking you: which character do you think is iconic of telltale games (by which I mean, not someone we see for 3 seconds in one episode) and would make a good plush? (looking humanoid would be a great help).

I'm thinking of starting with the main characters of each game, and then moving to telltale-exclusive characters if any. But really, my point is which should I work on next? I have no clue.

Telltale team, you're encouraged to share your opinion too, by the way. Any character apart from Sam&Max (the OP retains all discretion not to follow advice given in this thread).

Oh, and before anyone asks, all these plushes already have owners (yes, even those that haven't been made yet). And I'm only making one of each (most of the fun is in figuring out how to make them, it would feel boring making the same one a second time). So I'm not making one for you. But you'll get to see pictures.
626 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Avistew;392699 said:
    How would you like that idea? You could ask for a fairly normal, cute animal, or for a freakish monster... And it would be your own, and likely unique if you're specific enough.
    That sounds awesome! Reminds me of 'Sid's Create-A-Toy' at DisneyQuest, which let you take parts from various toys and recombine them in new and disturbing ways.

You could maybe have the limbs/tentacles on snap-fastners instead of sewing them on on some of them, that way the owner could switch them around if they felt like it. (like Dr. Nick's old friend Mr Gregg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg...)
  • That a brilliant and unique idea Avistew! I would suggest you find a name and maybe a logo if you decide to make it a reality, so you can get word of mouth going.

Sound awesome, I'm in!
  • Jen Kollic;392712 said:
    (like Dr. Nick's old friend Mr Gregg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg...)

I hope to be a doctor like Dr Nick one day.
  • ZombieAtPlay;392731 said:
    That a brilliant and unique idea Avistew! I would suggest you find a name and maybe a logo if you decide to make it a reality, so you can get word of mouth going.

Sound awesome, I'm in!
    It's a successful idea, but similar things have been done with teddy bear shops, etc. I wouldn't knock it but as a artist, graphic designer, concept designer, I have to admit it's not ubber unique. Though it's likely to make her money if she markets it right.

I'm loving the idea and can't wait to see her put it into effect. I might even buy one if she starts marketing herself. If not I still love the idea and look towards seeing her do it.
  • I've been working on Christmas gifts, and in particular a Mojave Rattler (the Deadlands creature, not the snake) for my boyfriend.
    I started an imgur album with pics of the various steps, I thought I might as well link to it directly rather than post them all again.

Of course, if you have any comments or questions, feel free. I'll update the thread if I update the album.
  • I updated the album with the pictures of the Rattler. For those who don't care about the steps and only about the final product, here is a pic of what it looks like:

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]
  • Awww! It looks so cuddly!! :D
  • D'awwwww, looking at that I can almost forget just how terrifying they are to actually fight in the game!
  • Thanks all :) It was a lot of fun to make, and my first project done entirely without any pattern at all! Until then, I always used something as a base and adapted it. It definitely feels very good being done, it took a while. Now I can go back to all of my other projects :P
Add Comment