User Avatar Image

Cosplay

posted by Kibs on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users
So I saw a couple cosplay pictures while looking through the "What do you look like" thread. Anyone else out there a cosplayer, and if so which characters do you cosplay/plan on cosplaying?

General sharing pictures/advice thread go!

Oh, and here's some pictures of my recent costumes:

Sniper from Team Fortress 2

Scout from Team Fortress 2

Haine Rammsteiner from DOGS: Bullets & Carnage

I'm planning on cosplaying Guybrush to PAX 2010 with my buddy Giant Tope as Winslow.

Show me your pics!
83 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • LuigiHann;462532 said:
    *Awesomeness*

This will be fun at PAX
    Blown. Would be cool to see some awesome hairdo (and those manly side whiskers) with that while you're at it but I guess you didn't work on that.
  • My hair should actually be pretty great (it looks reasonably cartoonish even on a normal day) but I just wanted to show off the shirt at the moment. I will definitely have epic sideburns I can promise you that.
  • LuigiHann;462534 said:
    My hair should actually be pretty great (it looks reasonably cartoonish even on a normal day) but I just wanted to show off the shirt at the moment. I will definitely have epic sideburns I can promise you that.
    Sir, you win. Take many photos at PAX and post'em all here.
  • Thanks! I certainly will. I'll have somebody with me as Gabe so that should be awesome.

The other reason I've avoided showing my head in this thread is because I'm still growing out my beard, for my other costume. I'm basically planning on shaving my beard off either Friday night or Saturday night to switch looks.
  • LuigiHann;462539 said:
    I'll have somebody with me as Gabe so that should be awesome.
    Just hope that he doesn't kill you for that nice watch you're wearing.

While I'm commenting, though, I have this cosplay from last year.

That's me on the right.
  • Okay I promised you some pictures, here are some pictures. I only had this costume on for Sunday (I was dressed as Atrus on Saturday, pictures over there)

I seem to remember a discussion of epic hair?

Me and my friend Gabe:

These girls were awesome. Saw them dressed as regular Gabe and Tycho on Friday or Saturday, and it was cool to see them dressed as the Precipice versions on Sunday, so we had some cool contrast.

I really enjoyed the fact that they clearly spent hours perfecting the hair for these characters, whereas I basically accomplished my effect by waking up and not combing it.

I was really hoping we'd be able to get a picture with the four of us with the real Mike and Jerry, it would have been like Crisis on Infinite Earths. Maybe next year.
  • YESSS that's totally a great Tycho, my friend. It's just perfect. Gabe also looks awesome except, well, black hair, but oh well. His quirky facial expression there totally makes up for it.

Those girls also look pretty awesome! I always loved OtR-SPoD designs and they SO nailed it. Kudos for chest hair on Gabriel!
  • That's pretty great, Luigi. Nice job.

I think if I ever manage to go to PAX, I'm going to have to finally do that Cardboard Tube Samurai costume I've been thinking about for years. I even have the perfect tube. Nice and thick, nice and sturdy.
  • GuruGuru214;465873 said:
    Nice and thick, nice and sturdy.
    I also got a good one -not as long, but still- from Telltale actually. The Devil's Playhouse print was rolled and put into that. Still keeping it for a possible zombie apocalypse. Or I can order another print so that I can glue them and make the perfect cardboard tube. It's more of a buster-sword rather than a katana, though :/
  • Yeah, that's the main problem with mine. It's only about two feet long.
Add Comment