User Avatar Image

De Soto Model

posted by TheGingerNinja on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
I got really interested in De Sotos 'cause of Sam & Max and I was wondering what the model was. Also which model do you think is cool, and which color?
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Its definitely a early to mid 60's De Soto convertible... It may be worth looking into getting a model and painting it up like S&M's

EDIT

While googleing the car I came across this picture ..... It seems like a perfect picture for Max-o-vision picture flashes. Why? Its old weird and that woman is posing next to a De Soto engine

• They drive a 1960 DeSoto Adventuerer if I remember correctly. The model undergoes some obvious bodywork before the Telltale seasons.
  • I thought they said that they got a brand new de soto altogether in the telltale games.
  • Yeah the TTG one is different the comic, LA game and Cartoon all had a hardtop desoto.

• I just spent a lot of time looking for a reasonably priced DeSoto model kit so I can put it together and paint it up like Sam and Max's
  • Thanks. I thought it was the 1958 model or 1957 the 1960 was only hardtop so it can't be that. Either way it's a way cool car
  • Irishmile;299329 said:
    Yeah the TTG one is different the comic, LA game and Cartoon all had a hardtop desoto.
    Freelance Police also had the hardtop. However, one of Culture Shock's throwaway lines:

"Remember our old car Max?"
    "I said I was sorry!"

'Nuff said really.
  • I have a feeling the internal reasoning was simply because they couldn't fit Sam's head and hat under the roof without clipping issues.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Rather Dashing;299323 said:
    They drive a 1960 DeSoto Adventuerer if I remember correctly.
    Wow, those things look pretty cartoonish to start off with.
    Irishmile;299518 said:
    I just spent a lot of time looking for a reasonably priced DeSoto model kit so I can put it together and paint it up like Sam and Max's
    So did you find one?

If I was in the market for a car, I'd be looking for a DeSoto to paint up like Sam & Max's (only with my initials on the badge).

Either that, or a DeLorean to customise with a flux capacitor.

OR maybe even a reasonably priced second-hand model of whatever's reliable and going cheap. :p
  • No... most are the wrong year so the front grill and headlights are all wrong.
Add Comment