User Avatar Image

Sam & Max the animated series DVD

posted by Javi-Wan Kenobi on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
I think I did this question somewhere earlier, but now I can't find the answer.

Does the Sam & Max animated series DVD have subtitles? Not even translations, but just English subtitles?
I think the answer was no, the DVD hasn't no subtitles at all, but I want to be sure.
I don't want to buy it if I won't be able to understand it. My English comprehension so far doesn't allow me to understand some spoken stuff (specially when it's fast spoken and using slang, as Sam & Max is) without subtitles.
42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just checked my disc, and unfortunately there's no subtitle option. :(

Honestly though, you're not missing much because aside from the one episode based on the comic, the show isn't really that good.
  • Jade Zealot;301036 said:

Honestly though, you're not missing much because aside from the one episode based on the comic, the show isn't really that good.
    Speak for yourself!
  • Yeah, the lack of subtitles is a shame. There's a few lines of dialogue even this native English speaker would like the extra help with. :o
    Jade Zealot;301036 said:
    Well, to be fair, the show seems to draw a lot of mixed reactions. (Exhibit A: See post above mine. ;)) Some love it, some don't like it all. I fall somewhere in the middle: it's a mixed bag, but there's enough good -- even outstanding -- qualities to make it worthwhile overall. For better or for worse, I find the cartoon hard to outright recommend or dismiss. It's the kind of show someone has to see for him or herself to decide -- largely because it (arguably) departs more from the comics than any of the non-comic incarnations of Sam & Max thus far.
  • I like it... a lot.

But yeah, do miss quite a few gags being hard-of-hearing and no subtitles :(.
  • I like the animated series, I don't see why people criticise it. It's not as good as the comic or the game but few things are.
  • I just started watching it and I have to say while Max seems to have a great voice, I am having a hard time adjusting to Sam having such a deep voice.
  • Anyone know if it had closet captions?q
  • No it hasn't. I bougth it and no subtitles or captions. A pity because english is not my native language and I need subtitles... Someone hates the non-english or the deaf people..
  • Megaace;302122 said:
    Someone hates the non-english or the deaf people..
    Um. No.
  • Somebody didn't consider that non English speakers and people with hearing problems might want to enjoy the DVD as well.
Add Comment