User Avatar Image

Female character

posted by Irishmile on - last edited - Viewed by 555 users
I think TTG should do a game with a female protagonist.... Now that they have the pilot program there has never been a better time to try it out.
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    I don't much care whether the protagonist is male, female, of indeterminate gender or a mix of both - the most important thing is that they're interesting, likeable and well-written.

That said though, sure. I'd be all for a game with a girl in the lead.
  • Wait, are you saying that games with female protagonists are inherently risky business propositions?

Huh.
  • That's what I was thinking.
  • maybe Morgan LeFlay Ghost Pirate Hunter(TM)
  • I'm trying to think of adventure games that have female protagonists/playable characters and I'm coming up... Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. There may be more, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
  • Rather Dashing;301266 said:
    Wait, are you saying that games with female protagonists are inherently risky business propositions?

Huh.
    Obviously that is not true.

I was just thinking about how TTG has not had the main player character a female yet.
  • Many adventures games have female protagonists/playable characters:
    Syberia, Still Life, Secret Files, The Longest Journey/Dreamfall, Mata Hari, So Blonde, Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express, Another Code, Fenimore Fillmore Revenge, Runaway: A twist of fate, Ankh, Jack Keane, some of the King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry (I think in some games you play as Passionate Patti in some places), Broken Sword, Gabriel Knight (I think you play as Grace Nakimura in some places in the third game)...
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Alcoremortis;301274 said:
    I'm trying to think of adventure games that have female protagonists/playable characters and I'm coming up... Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. There may be more, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    A random list of the ones I could think of. No particular order, haven't played a couple of them, and probably worth noting that there were some I didn't like much (refer to previous comment about protagonists needing to be likeable and well-written!).

King's Quest IV
    King's Quest VII (there are 2 protagonists you play, both female)
    Broken Sword series (4 games, mostly you play as a guy but there are parts where you control a girl)
    Emerald City Confidential
    Runaway (again, mostly a guy but parts played as a girl)
    Laura Bow
    Phantasmagoria
    Return to Mysterious Island
    Nancy Drew series (20+ games)
    Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within (mostly a guy)
    A Vampyre Story
    So Blonde

EDIT: Ninja'd by Javi-Wan. :D
  • Javi-Wan Kenobi;301283 said:
    (I think you play as Grace Nakimura in some places in the third game)...
    You play as Grace for a pretty large chunk of 3, actually, and roughly half of 2.
  • Javi-Wan Kenobi;301283 said:
    The Longest Journey/Dreamfall
    I really liked those... what I have played of them anyway.
Add Comment