User Avatar Image

Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

posted by Squarehard on - last edited - Viewed by 22K users
Hi this is Jake from Telltale, dropping a note into the top of this post.

I know we usually don't edit posts like this, but I wanted to let anyone reading this thread know that the discs and much of the merchandise is shipping out now! You can read about the details, and see pictures from the manufacturing press check, and more, in this Telltale blog post.

Now back to the original post by Squarehard...

It's been about two months since I put in my order for the standard DVD, and it has yet to arrive, or even ship.

And now when I go to check the status, the item is backordered.

I don't like to complain about stuff like this often, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

Why even offer to sell the DVDs if they're never going to ship out anyways, and paying for the shipping ahead of time just to have nothing to show for it months after.

I won't make too big of a deal about this unless it takes another two months, at which time, I'm sure there is going to be a much bigger deal made about it, not just from me.

Love the game, not so happy with the company right now.
2.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They stated upfront it was a pre-order, meaning you pay now but you get the product later.

Also, they've confirmed the items will ship late May.

EDIT: Also, please use the forum search next time. There are plenty of topics about the same subject already.
  • Relevant:
    Pale Man;298914 said:
    Why do people not understand that "pre-order" does not mean "You will have it tomorrow"?
  • People just cant seem to wrap their head around the term "pre-order"

Pre`or´der
    v. t. 1. To order to arrange beforehand; to foreordain.

For someone who "doesn't want to complain" or "doesn't want to make a big deal" sure did resort to some theatrics by claiming "its NEVER ARRIVING"

and
    Squarehard;302218 said:
    Why even offer to sell the DVDs if they're never going to ship out anyways, .
    I suggest from now on you actually READ when you are paying for something... Or at least READ your Emails the page you ordered from or the other threads about this topic...
  • I think the "why hasn't the DVD shipped yet?" threads are replacing the "why can't I order the DVD yet?" threads.
  • Avistew;302250 said:
    I think the "why hasn't the DVD shipped yet?" threads are replacing the "why can't I order the DVD yet?" threads.
    Haha, yeah. These threads almost become like spam after a while.
  • I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! *crys*
  • Sailorcuteness;302253 said:
    I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! *cries*
    Sorry, but now it's fixed.
  • Hayden;302255 said:
    Sorry, but now it's fixed.
    I was hysterical when I posted it.
  • Sailorcuteness;302256 said:
    I was hysterical when I posted it.
    Great, now I have to extend my signature to include this.
  • I thought only females could be hysterical. And that it was a sexist thing to say. Kind of like the "she's having her periods" thing that dismisses a female's anger as being something hormonal rather than having a legitimate reason. Does it have different connotations in English?
Add Comment