User Avatar Image

The Incredible Puzzle Thread

posted by Klatuu on - last edited - Viewed by 11.2K users
Hi,

This is a thread to discuss some of your other favorite puzzles, riddles, brain teasers, armchair treasure hunts, etc.

To get started, here's an online puzzle hunt I've participated in before: Puzzlecrack. It's a week-long competition with clues given through the web page. Past competitions (and solutions) are still there for you to figure out.

Another similar one is Microsoft's College Puzzle Challenge.

Any other favorites?

-Klatuu
599 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Conceptis has a bunch of nice logic puzzles, mostly picture logic. Good production values, with an excellent app to solve them in as well as a good print option.
  • I liked the website Ouverture Facile but grew tired of it.
  • Currently I am totally addicted to Picross 3D, though it's not the kind of puzzle the discussion is about, is it?
  • Majus;304594 said:
    Currently I am totally addicted to Picross 3D, though it's not the kind of puzzle the discussion is about, is it?
    Harald B linked to graphic puzzles too, so I'm going to say it works.
  • Whee, they have 2D Picross! Awesome that.
  • Majus;304611 said:
    Whee, they have 2D Picross! Awesome that.
    I used to buy logic books. Kind of like crossword puzzle books, but with only logic stuff. My favourite ones were Logigraph (what you call Picross) and Logigram (stuff like the Einstein riddle).
    There were some with numbers too. Not quite sudoku (that hadn't picked up in Europe yet) but the same kind of things. But my fav of all was logigraph for sure, logigram a close second.
  • Print out the following JPG, cut out the 3 rectangles.

Place them so the 2 smaller ones sit above the longer bottom one. Count the Hidden People.

Swap the positions of the top two pieces.

Count the Hidden People again.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Avistew;304616 said:
    I used to buy logic books. Kind of like crossword puzzle books, but with only logic stuff.
    Oh snap, I liked those as a kid too (well, if they're the ones I think you mean, with a grid of different elements).

I also half-love/half-hate Mindbenders-type stuff. In the ones we got the premise is almost always stupid, the answers sometimes obscure. Last time I was home for Christmas, the house was so crowded I ended up sharing my younger brothers' room, and we'd read these things out to each other for a while before actually going to sleep. :p
    jp-30;304617 said:
    Print out the following JPG, cut out the 3 rectangles.
    Or cheat and do it electronically!

... :eek:

[ATTACH]1482[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1483[/ATTACH]
  • Harald B;304574 said:
    Conceptis has a bunch of nice logic puzzles, mostly picture logic. Good production values, with an excellent app to solve them in as well as a good print option.
    Is there a way to play without getting the solution before you even start? It kinda takes the fun of trying to guess what the picture is out of it.
  • puzzlebox;304636 said:
    Or cheat and do it electronically!
    Ha, it's way more fun to have the physical paper in front of you. Especially when you give it to kids to play with.
Add Comment