User Avatar Image

Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition

posted by petercrab on - last edited - Viewed by 685 users
Will there be a Curse of Monkey Island Special edition?
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd say it's much too early to say. Let's at least get LeChuck's Revenge out of the way first before we start demanding a CoMI remake!
  • I don't think there will be. The cartoony like graphics are among most peoples favourites and I don't think Lucasarts will be able to improve very much. Also, CoMI already has voice overs so there's not much to do in that department either. Just my opinion though.
  • Darth Marsden;316257 said:
    I'd say it's much too early to say. Let's at least get LeChuck's Revenge out of the way first before we start demanding a CoMI remake!
    Im with you on that.
    Plus most people only got the se for the new voice overs wich the original curse already have.
    (and while we are on the topic an escape special edition where the gameplay is similar to tales would be pefect.)
  • Nahhh, it doesn't really need one the same way the first two do, throw in some special features like commentary and that by all means and call it a special edition, but I don't wanna see any tinkering with the art or sound at all
  • there should be a deluxe version like add on with the lost cutscenes (if they can) and maybe commentery
  • Well it already has great graphics that hold up well and excellent voice acting. I'd say the only thing to add would be an audio commentary feature.
  • Seems unnecessary. I mean, what would you change? Voice acting is already there, and there's no reason to change the graphics.

The only reason why the first two games lend themselves to a remake-special edition is because voice acting is added and many people prefer a non-pixellated version.
  • What seems far more likely to me is either an "alternate universe" sequel, or a 2.5 in-between story that would be sure to feel forced. Or just dropping the franchise altogether for the special editions, and moving on to Maniac Mansion and Indiana Jones or something.
  • I think high resolution versions of the artwork (if such things exist) as well as adding widescreen support (with 4:3 letterboxing for non-scrolling scenes) would be good updates.
  • No Sam & Max HTR Special Edition - All they'd need to to is update the graphics and their done (as long as they don't look like flash animations it should be cool?)
Add Comment