User Avatar Image

What's been the worst Sam and Max episode so far?

posted by funnybone567 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
Now don't get me wrong. I love Sam and Max and I think all the episodes are great, but I'm just wondering, which do you think was the weakest in terms of writing, gameplay etc.
Just a little question to try to pass the time before They Stole Max's Brain comes out.
95 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "Culture Shock" and "Moai Better Blues"? I still like them, but they seemed a little rushed and unpolished.
  • Moai Better Blues is just bad.
  • Culture Shock AND Moai Better Blues, both of them are so boring, and the supporting characters in Moai Better Blues are awful.
  • Yeah I agree, Culture Shock and Moai Better Blues didn't have that shine like the other episodes, I don't HATE them but their a lil' boring in comparison to the others.
  • Probably The Mole, The Mob, and The Meatball.

Don't get me wrong I love the story, the factory designs and the ending...but it just wasn't very funny and the puzzles are really pedestrian - I could finish the game in under two hours if I tried hard enough.
  • I can see why Culture Shock isn't as good as the others because it's the very first episode.So the worst for me is Situation Comedy.
  • Butterscotch-Biros;326478 said:
    Probably The Mole, The Mob, and The Meatball.

Don't get me wrong I love the story, the factory designs and the ending...but it just wasn't very funny and the puzzles are really pedestrian - I could finish the game in under two hours if I tried hard enough.
    I pretty much agree with this. Culture Shock was originally my least favorite, but then I replayed it, and it's actually pretty good.

I don't quite get the hate for Moai Better Blues. Sure, the babies were the worst supporting characters in Telltale history, I found the rest of it quite good. I still don't get what was so hard about the red-oozing snail puzzle. :confused:
  • I actually found Situation : Comedy extremely funny, among the best one. My GF shares this opinion (but not quite so for the best episodes :) )

It got to be Moai Better Blues. Then, Culture Shock is the second worse. After trying the free Abe Lincoln Must Day and decided to buy the whole seasons, it was quite a letdown. Happily enough, we bought Season 2 at the same time, so we switched to 201, and then came back
  • Moai Better Blues easily by a long way
  • I think that Culture Shock wasn't so good as the other ones, but for the first episode it's probably predictable since the stories get better after some developement.

Plus I don't like Brady Culture in general. :P
Add Comment