User Avatar Image

Grammar error in Start Menu/Desktop shortcuts for 303.

posted by bobhobbit on - last edited - Viewed by 378 users
Hey Telltale,

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the support forum. I'm loving playing the game so far, but one thing instantly bothered me when I finished installing it: The shortcut on the desktop and in the start menu reads "They Stole Maxs Brain". I'm pretty sure the title should read "They Stole Max's Brain" or even "They Stole Max's Brain!".

Am I being too much of a stickler? Probably. But I thought I would point it out anyway...
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They Stole Maxs Apostrophe!

... Was it:

- The grammar police?
    - Zombie Margaret Thatcher?
    - MAJUS?
    - Max (thinking it was a fly that landed on his screen)?
    - The Tipex Corporation?
    - "That Guy"?
    - Mind Worms?
    - Space Pirates? (gasp!)
  • bobhobbit;331600 said:
    Am I being too much of a stickler? Probably. But I thought I would point it out anyway...
    you are.
  • der_ketzer;331630 said:
    you are.
    Sam and Max are supposed to be educational, remember?

So I have to point out that you should have capitalised the "y".

Can't have kids claiming they learned their erroneous ways from this forum now, can we?
  • I'm sure they'll sort this problem out in the next episode shortcut, Beyond the Alley of the Doll's
  • My shortcuts have the apostrophe...

But in older OS isn't apostrophe one of the invalid characters for file/shortcut names?
  • Emo Hoe;331673 said:
    My shortcuts have the apostrophe...

But in older OS isn't apostrophe one of the invalid characters for file/shortcut names?
    I think this is very possibly the case. I'm using Windows 7 and the apostrophe is there in my Games menu (I didn't install the other shortcuts). But I do vaguely remember a problem like this back in the olden days ;)
  • doodinthemood;331670 said:
    I'm sure they'll sort this problem out in the next episode shortcut, Beyond the Alley of the Doll's
    there is not apstrophe when refering to a multiple of an item but only to show possesion and when it is an abbreviation like with their's.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    jaden551;331773 said:
    there is not apstrophe when refering to a multiple of an item but only to show possesion and when it is an abbreviation like with their's.
    It was a joke, what he said.
  • jaden551;331773 said:
    Not only did you miss the joke, but "their's" is not remotely correct ;)

See:
    http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000262.htm

Of course, you should generally run a spell checker over your posts before you start making grammatical assertions...

/Pedant
  • Jake;331775 said:
    It was a joke, what he said.
    their are some people who do not understand grammar properly tho' so without a :p or a ;) it looks like they are serious.

Edit:I hate the word their/there.
Add Comment