User Avatar Image

24th June and no Puzzle Agent yet

posted by oliversportfolio.com on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users
So when exactly are TTG going to release this game, I mean it is already the 24th of June and there isn't even a wink of hope that this game will be released in June, like they say.

That's the problem with TTG they give us, and you will all agree, excellent games but they always keep us in pitch black darkness about release dates.

Yeah they said June but you've got to be wondering if they are going to make it or not. Only six more days to go in June and as each day passes the window does too.

A proper dating system needs to be established OR the blog needs more posts with open and honest addresses for our forum based concerns. So say you or I post something like "when is the game going to be released? Is there now a static date for release?". Then TTG should go onto their blog and submit a new post answering our questions. Or at least release FAQ details.

Who agrees??
242 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • jp-30;336704 said:
    Like 'what'?
    Most Developers set an exact date. Telltale say "some time in June"
    We only know its coming today because today is the last day of June
  • Toast_Burner;336705 said:
    Since Telltale doesn't have to submit to a publisher so discs can be printed, or anything like that, there aren't often definitive dates until like the week before release usually. It's pretty much a "When it's done" kind of thing. Puzzle Agent was done by a smaller team from my understanding, which obviously takes longer. It's a lot of game too, which requires a lot of work to make sure everything is working right.

Short answer: This doesn't happen every time, but when it does it's easy to understand why. It's normal to want the games they make as soon as possible, but the more time they spend making it great only benefits us gamers.
    And because of all the hints that they've been dropping via Nelson's facebook page... And because Mark Darin said he's finally done... And...

Well, to be frank, they've done everything they can EXCEPT flat-out say the date that they can do to confirm that it's coming out today. :P
    They don't even say "some time in june", they just say it's "EXPECTED in june", that doesn't mean its definitely getting released in june at all.
  • User Avatar Image
    Will BANNED
    We usually have something a lot closer to a date than this. Usually we will say "June!" and then one or two weeks before launch we will say "Such and such day!" and then the game comes out that day.

For Puzzle Agent, one of the great things about the whole Pilot Program is that we get to try a whole bunch of new things with art and gameplay and such. The problem with new things is ... well... they are new! So we weren't entirely sure how long it would take to do them since we'd never done them before.
  • Yadda;336709 said:
    And because of all the hints that they've been dropping via Nelson's facebook page... And because Mark Darin said he's finally done... And...

Well, to be frank, they've done everything they can EXCEPT flat-out say the date that they can do to confirm that it's coming out today. :P
    Im not complaining I just find it kinda funny that a game can come so close to release and still not have a set date.
    As I said earlier its actually making me want the game more (Would I be posting on these forums if we knew when it comes out? probably not)
  • Will;336711 said:
    We usually have something a lot closer to a date than this. Usually we will say "June!" and then one or two weeks before launch we will say "Such and such day!" and then the game comes out that day.

For Puzzle Agent, one of the great things about the whole Pilot Program is that we get to try a whole bunch of new things with art and gameplay and such. The problem with new things is ... well... they are new! So we weren't entirely sure how long it would take to do them since we'd never done them before.
    The extra effort is definitely appreciated.
  • For anyone who's interested, I'm pretty sure Telltale have changed the game's logo on the downloads page:

Large:

I don't know how long ago this happened, but I'm pretty sure that it's an indicator that the game is very close to release.
  • It changed sometime before this morning, I noticed when i checked after I woke up this morning.
  • Yeah, didn't it used to be a picture of him holding a Rubik's Cube or something? I think I liked the old one better. But this new one is cool as well.
Add Comment