Puzzle Agent impressions!

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 7.1K users

Puzzle Agent is here!

Get it
Official site!

Store!

Marketing!
What is the mystery of Scoggins?

What the heck is going on Scoggins, Minnesota? When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, the U.S. Department of Puzzle Investigation's Nelson Tethers is sent on the case.

As the government's sole Puzzle Agent, Tethers has his hands full: the strange case of Scoggins plunges him into a mystery that will challenge every ounce of his expertise, and possibly his very wits too. Tethers must overcome brainteasers at every turn, including mazes, logic puzzles and riddles. He soon realizes that these - along with the clinically pre-occupied townspeople, secret societies, and mysterious sounds from the forest - are intimately connected to the core conundrum. And what's with the gnomes?

---

So you guys have been playing it a bit, I hope! What do you think? Let's talk Puzzle agent!
296 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I really enjoyed the demo, the puzzles kept me thinking, and I only made 1 wrong submission.
  • The art was fantastic, and the Hidden People + the soundtrack were very creepy. I loved all of the accents, and the minimalism of the setting. I liked agent Tethers, but I wish his voice would become less upbeat throughout the game. He could be brave, but he seems a little oblivious right now unless he's in the act of encountering something strange. I think taking advantage of the linear storytelling in this way would be great.

Some of the puzzles were too easy while also requiring too much time/mouse movement. (Food shuffling.) I loved the snowmobile puzzles, and the puzzle with people resembling food was just hysterical. But, I also wished for more mathematical puzzles...I may be alone in that request. (Mathematician, here.)

I have been waiting for this game anxiously all month. I ordered it immediately because I love Grickle, and overall, I was very pleased.
  • I like the music in the main menue
    me too me too!!!
    Hope to see a full season
    yep, but I do not hope... I WANT A FULL SEASON! :) :)
  • I just remembered another thing I absolutely loved--the monkey scream. It was totally unexpected and made everything that much more Grickle-y.
  • Loved it. Want more!

Please?
  • acutetriangle;338320 said:
    This same thing happened to me. I was just going to post about it. It is a little unnerving to encounter a glitch in a game that has no manual save. (Is that right?) Actually, I did not like this aspect of the game. Another interface issue: if you click on a finished puzzle's folder, you have to restart that puzzle before you can exit the folder. One time, I accidentally submitted the puzzle again, which ruined one of my scores! (Okay, so I should have seen how to "Quit" immediately, but still.)
    Same thing happened to me, and I agree with the puzzle folder thing. Should be able to exit without starting the puzzle.

There's a lot of flaws in this pilot episode, but pretty much every flaw is something you can easily remedy in future episodes. I just really hope this series won't get cancelled.
  • Due to the bug(s) on german Macs i haven't seen a lot (solving two puzzles and went into the lobby) but what i've seen so far was looking really good. I wish there would be more games in such style as in my opinion it outclasses an ordinary 3D look.

Oh and i had my problems picking up the tiles in the first puzzle, the selection wasn't this precise. The music sounded moody.
Add Comment