User Avatar Image

Michael J Fox, MAY Not be able to do the game

posted by EternalStar on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users
His parkisons has been noted as having become severe enough to inhibit his ability to do voice over work. If he did it, it would be difficult and very time consuming. If you look at his imdb page you'll see that while he has been active in spurts there also tends to be lulls in his career in the last 10+ years.

Its really a shame too because I'd love it if he could do the voice. (Heck I'd love a classic Spin-City based adventure game.. >.>)
60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    EternalStar;339760 said:
    His parkisons has been noted as having become severe enough to inhibit his ability to do voice over work. If he did it, it would be difficult and very time consuming. If you look at his imdb page you'll see that while he has been active in spurts there also tends to be lulls in his career in the last 10+ years.

Its really a shame too because I'd love it if he could do the voice. (Heck I'd love a classic Spin-City based adventure game.. >.>)
    That's a topic discussed in the voice actor thread. You'll also notice some rays of light in there - an MJF TV appearance from beginning of May in which he sounds "good" at least... ;)
  • You want Michael Jackson in the game?
  • There is really 3 things that can come in the originals actors way. The most likely is, Telltale simply cannot afford them all, its sad, but i just doubt they can afford them, the secound is they dont want to do it, and third that they are busy.
  • Secret Fawful;340110 said:
    You want Michael Jackson in the game?
    Nah, he was more likely looking for Mary Jane, spider-man's girl friend
  • Milkman08;340138 said:
    Nah, he was more likely looking for Mary Jane, spider-man's girl friend
    Fetch me some milk!:mad:
  • Common now, I think we all knew the chances of Michael J Fox doing any VO work was slim at best.
  • doodo!;340139 said:
    Fetch me some milk!:mad:
    :D hey I didn't started it, also, you know milks I deliver are not regular milk, you sure you want some?
    they have some side effects ... like, well some little explosions may occur if you try to move it or put it near warm places.
    and it's not my fault, Tim Schafer created me.
  • The last movie I saw Michael J. Fox in was Stuart Little 3, and that was pretty much it. It really sucks now that he has to put up with this disease thats already forced him into retirement some time ago! I just hope Telltale can find the right replacement for him in this new Back to the Future game.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    doodo!;340083 said:
    No MJ no pay!
    I'll remind you of this. ;)

Seriously, though: I fear there will be a lot of broken dreams and hearts concerning the BTTF games and original actor participation. That MJF might not be in it is pretty much the most foreseeable of all possible disappointments. :(

It's too early to judge anything, though. We don't even know if Marty McFly is in the game yet...
Add Comment