182 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The four plotlines are all too awesome! Can't I vote all them as first place? :D

Can't wait!!!
  • Trenchfoot;342904 said:
    The four plotlines are all too awesome! Can't I vote all them as first place? :D

Can't wait!!!
    I liked them all except for the last one (the 2010 one with the time-cops). I do NOT want time police types in my Back to the Future game.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    *deep sigh*

Didn't like the plots. The only acceptable one was rather lame. :(
  • I didn't mind the plots, the only one I didn't care for was the 1939 one where young Doc decides to give up science for to marry some girl. That doesn't seem to fit in well with what was set up in the movies. I understand this may not be "canon", but that seems to stray a little too far from the source. And I disagree with Steve, I actually thought it was interesting to introduce multiple time travelers to the game outside of just Doc and Marty. Biff being a "temporal cop" may be a little cheesy and out of character for him, but I like the overall idea.

One thing that did concern me was how much I saw the Time Train in the plots. I understand it being a part of the game, but the DeLorean NEEDS to be in the game and NEEDS to be the primary way of traveling through time for this to feel like the true Back to the Future game us BttF nerds have been clamoring for for all these years.
  • I liked two plots, I hated the other two.
    Two were just generic "let's throw all the characters into a generic plot that might fit Sam and Max or any other game as well", while the others were "let's do something that works only with BttF".
    Go figure which of them I liked and which I hated.
  • I didn't think it was Biff as a timecop, but one of his descendants.
  • jp-30;343091 said:
    I didn't think it was Biff as a timecop, but one of his descendants.
    In the movies, all of Biff's descendants were typically jerks in some level or another, so having one of them being a good guy/cop is kind of a step 'outside the lines' as it were. Maybe not as bad as the one with Doc giving up science to get married, but still a bit off from what the movies set up.
  • the 80s plotline is the best!
  • 1968>2010>1986>1939

Even if it is a young Doc Brown, the 1939 plot seemed too out of character for him, and the overall objective felt really weak, even if the purpose is to ensure the time machine is invented. I was pretty okay with the others, though.
    Spykes;343096 said:
    In the movies, all of Biff's descendants were typically jerks in some level or another, so having one of them being a good guy/cop is kind of a step 'outside the lines' as it were. Maybe not as bad as the one with Doc giving up science to get married, but still a bit off from what the movies set up.
    Except that it's pretty likely that he's going to be a corrupt cop, being a Tannen and all.
  • I like the 1939 one best, but they need to make sure that someone from the future went back to arrange that wedding to change the original timeline.

It's one paradox to go back and time and change something so you actually never could go back in time, but a totally different one to have an original timeline ensuring you never can go back in time, and then still be able to go back in time to see there's actually a problem preventing you from going back in time.

Am I making sense?

The Biff as timecop thing I hated. Too sci-fi.

The three teenagers from 2010 sounded too DoTT and more annoying than intriguing, like it really could be any other franchise; like "Honey, I sent the kids back in time" or something ...

The 1968 one could work, though the description sounded too chaotic and convoluted.
Add Comment