User Avatar Image

Sam&Max: Situation Comedy won't play fullscreen

posted by Zomby on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
I've installed S&M Ep2 and I've had no problem with the install or the activation. However when starting the game I get Gametap and Telltale logos then boom, the game minimize itself. Trying to bring it back will only get me about a second of music (no picture) and it minimizes again. By deleting the prefs.prop file I am able to play in windowed mode but I like to play my games fullscreen. I tried the game on my kid's computer and it works fine, fullscreen and all. Culture Shock plays correctly on both computers.

I have a Pentium D 820, 2 GB RAM, Radeon X800 Pro (Catalyst 6.12), Sound Blaster X-Fi, Windows XP Pro SP2

Any toughts?
4 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Kevin Telltale Staff BANNED
    Start in a window, set the graphics option to "low" and then try fullscreen again...
  • Nope, it didn't help. As soon as I check the Fullscreen on box, the game tries to change to fullscreen mode and gets minimized. And yes, I did change the graphics quality to low before I tried switching to fullscreen. (Even tried quitting in between the changes to make sure it was correctly applied.)
  • User Avatar Image
    Kevin Telltale Staff BANNED
    Thanks for patience, and your help in trying to resolve this.

If your up for it, you might try the "Omega" drivers found here:

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

You might also try starting in a window, and attempting different screen resolutions before going to fullscreen.
  • Ok, setting the resolution to 1024x768 (same as my desktop) before going to fullscreen did work. I tried quitting the game and coming back and it keeps working.

Thank you for the help! I just hope this bug will get squashed eventually so people can play at whatever resolution they choose. (Or gets defaulted to... ;) )
This discussion has been closed.