User Avatar Image

Countdown to Ep 5: "The City That Dares Not Sleep"

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 14.2K users
Whoa is it time for one of these already? Probably not, but here it is anyway.

So yeah, July's pretty close to done so it's time for the Final Count..down... thread. Hm. I didn't expect to go there at all. My apologies.

I'm Jake, and as many of you guys know from elsewhere on the forums, I wear quite a few hats around the TTG offices. The last few months, I have been fortunate enough to wear the hat of "director" for the final chapter of The Devil's Playhouse, "The City That Dares Not Sleep.".

I'll be hanging around this thread for between now and release, answering questions and dropping amazingly obscure, indecipherable, impenetrable, mind-rending hints about the final episode. Which you guys will surely figure out within like ten minutes, causing me to freak out thinking I've unwittingly spoiled the season finale for you. Fortunately, you'll then inevitably second guess yourselves and get it all horribly wrong a few days after that.

The episode was written and designed by Chuck Jordan (writer/designer/director of The Penal Zone, and lord overseer of the whole season), who is enjoying his new exotic life outside the office (which means he's probably at home on his couch playing Limbo on XBLA), but hopefully he can be coaxed into stopping by as well to help field things, too.

So yeah, the questions, the speculating: Fire away!

Uhhh, uhhh, bullet points.... Stemmle had all those cool bullet points. Dammit. Bullets.

I am less prepared than Mike "Master of the Countdown Thread" Stemmle, if you didn't notice. My bullet points, however, far outclass those of any prior thread. Feast:
  • It's the last episode of the season.
  • It features some very nice decorative clocks and lamps which I think you'll enjoy.
What more do you need to know?
594 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • tabstis;355134 said:
    Why is everyone assuming September??? Telltale have been very prompt with their deliveries of the episodes this season and making us wait that long would be cruel...
    Basically because the Final Chapter of ToMI took a month and 1 week instead of only 1 month and Telltale hasn't said the date for this chapter (The original trailer said "Finale" instead of a month like the other episodes) which make to everyone to think in the worse case scenario just in case they decided go to with the worst case scenario (Or be extra-happy if they go to the best case scenario instead ^^!)
  • Every episode of Tales of Monkey Island arrived later every month, remember? It was like 1 month and 1 week between every single episode, but only the last one, where that moved the episode to the next month, did people really notice.

With TDP, they've kept things more even. I suspect an August release, since the Narrator explained that the episodes would be monthly.
  • Wow, wasn't expecting this for another week or two. Oh, right, my question...

Are Stinky and Sal still plotting to off Grandpa Stinky in this episode?
  • Will Sam ever find true love?
  • Wait-what are we suppossed to refer to Max as now that he's a hundred foot-tall demon?
  • ted12;355281 said:
    Wait-what are we suppossed to refer to Max as now that he's a hundred foot-tall demon?
    I hope it's not Were-omorph...
  • Jake;355031 said:
    • It features some very nice decorative clocks and lamps which I think you'll enjoy.
    Clocks and lamps?!? No way!! I love clocks and lamps!

Now please give us an amazingly obscure, indecipherable, impenetrable, mind-rending hint about whether or not the Narrator has any role in 305 beyond narrating.

Thanks!
  • Jake;355031 said:
    It features some very nice decorative clocks and lamps which I think you'll enjoy.
    Let's analyse this repeatedly until he finally answers. Where could we possibly see alll these clocks and lamps???? Which location could they appear in...?
  • Will we see the office? Any characters returning from previous seasons? Is the DeSoto okay?
Add Comment